UK exit poll suggests Labour landslide

Lib Dems take Eastleigh from the Tories. Tory vote down, Reform up, Lib dems exactly flat. Still win.

Labour Take Telford from the Tories.

Lib dems now have more seats than the Tories. Long may that remain the case.

First Welsh Result- Labour take Bridgend from the Tories.

Adding to a result we saw earlier- Labour now take Swindon North from the Tories.

10 Likes

Me: quietly chuckles in Australian. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I can’t keep up with all these results now. Two more Labour gains- Vale of Glamorgan and the pleasingly titled Cannock Chase.

3 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Reform hold Ashfield (technically it’s a gain but Lee Anderson was a Conservative at the last election before he was suspended and then defected)

9 Likes

Too racist for the Tories, so he defects to Reform. And they vote him back in with a thumping majority. Fuck’s sake.

8 Likes

Don’t forget he defected from Labour too, after being suspended for racism.

Is he the Oswald Mosley of the 21st century?

9 Likes

Labour gain Rochdale. George Galloway is out!

14 Likes

Yes! Fuck off and nurse your massive ego, Top Cat.

10 Likes

First Cabinet minister gone. Lib Dems Take Cheltenham with over 50% of the vote, booting out the Justice minister,

9 Likes

Starmer holds his seat, but is about 18000 votes down from 2019. Andrew Feinstein is in second place, Green in third.

9 Likes

Grant Shapps has lost his seat. Labour gain Welwyn Hatfield

7 Likes

Perhaps he made a mistake and included all his fake names on the ballot paper as well.

6 Likes

Tories actually gain a seat in Leicester East?!

5 Likes

Labour gain Hexham. I always thought of it being Tory central.

ETA:

And now Labour gain Penrith. Tory central again. The new MP will be Markus Campbell-Savours, the son of former Workington MP Dale Campbell-Savours.

8 Likes

Iain Duncan Smith survives because Labour couldn’t resist trying to purge the left-wing candidate it had.

4 Likes

Jeremy Corbyn wins!

Probably the biggest fuck you to Keir Starmer we’ll see tonight.

14 Likes

49% of the vote as well. That’s very convincing.

Just goes to drive the point home that Starmer’s Labour isn’t actually getting many more votes than they did under Corbyn.

9 Likes

And along with the good, comes the bad. Falange takes Clacton.

Edit due to Discourse limits- Another independent win- Leicester South ?

More Edits- Northern Ireland Results start coming in, and Alliance beat the DUP in Lagan Valley. Ha!

5 Likes

Green Party gains Bristol Central from Labour.

ETA:
Gillian Keegan and Michael Fabricant have lost their seats.

9 Likes

Labour hold Oxford East.

Fuck.

ETA:

And Ilford North. I guess I have to hope that Anneliese Dodds and Wes Streeting are reshuffled for the new cabinet.

5 Likes