UK Political Thread, part the second

I’m sorry, I didn’t know about Canada.

2 Likes

They won’t even have to go that far given how much the previous gov has eroded the right to protest but what we’re seeing here are white supremacists and opportunists carrying their lagers looking for a bit of ultraviolence. Good to see the anti-fascists meeting them on the streets, the thugs do not represent the vast majority of the population.

7 Likes

One of the things I have feared is a reoccurrence of the 2000 paedophilia moral panic that was stirred up by the News of the World (remember those bastards?)

What the last week has shown me is that it won’t be some right wing rag starting things next time, assuming this isn’t the reoccurrence.

9 Likes

This shit is absolutely infuriating. This is the sort of fuckery merkin von bankrupt wishes he could make happen over here. rootin’ tootin’ vladi putin was doubtless doing his evil weasel (sorry, weasels!) version of jumping up and down, clapping his hands like an evil little boy.

6 Likes

that’s kind of like the us. we have social security numbers which are uniquely ( in theory ) identifying. and lots of services ask for it, public and commercial, even though most are not supposed to… but usually you also need a state id as well as your social when proving your identity.

( and state ids have recently been federally standardized via something called “real id” - which you need for any commercial travel because terrorists or something. )

2 Likes

ETA: Same deal with the American Nazis who are irked by their comrades who insist on marching like the Nazis they are.

Thread on the Russian connections of Tommy Robinson (Stephen Yaxley-Lennon):

5 Likes
9 Likes

Maybe focus more on stopping their violence first?

7 Likes

… and if I know your Social Security number, that proves I’m you, right? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

“I didn’t expect the leopards to eat my face!” sobs Tommy Robinson.

9 Likes

He even lost the Daily Hate Mail

7 Likes

AKA the Daily Heil.

6 Likes

We’re 90 years on from when the British Union of Fascists lost the Daily Heil’s support. They still carried on supporting Hitler right up until war was inevitable though.

8 Likes

even better, let’s just use the last four digits :confused:

side note. apparently all of my parent’s siblings have a social security number one off from the next. they didn’t get registered at birth, and when my grandparents got around to it: the whole family was registered all at once

the term “security” meant something different once

3 Likes

I’m confused: I thought he was on the run from the law, not spending quality time with his children.

Just goes to show you how seriously the fash take the law: quick to sue, even quicker to ignore any legal consequences of their actions. I hope this incitement to violence gets added to his rap sheet.

7 Likes

… is that it? Do bureaucrats think they can pretend SSNs are secret passwords because they have the word “security” in their name? :confused:

2 Likes

Fucking disgusting!

7 Likes

12 Likes
10 Likes

UK is far from the only country where anti Muslim hate has been promoted as the official state ideology in the last few decades. Other examples: the US, France, pretty much every fucking country in Europe (but especially those with imperial holdings they hanker after nostalgically).

8 Likes