Ukraine's army orders female soldiers to march in high heels

Originally published at: Ukraine's army orders female soldiers to march in high heels | Boing Boing

2 Likes

With military leadership like Ukraine’s, Putin’s just going to roll over them when the opportunity presents itself.

18 Likes

Maybe the assholes were expecting their order would result in an army of Bayonetta’s?

12 Likes

What the actual fuck? I just don’t even know how to respond to something both so grotesque and so obviously absurd. Ukraine’s leadership is in much worse shape than I realized.

23 Likes

I can’t stop laughing & crying at the same time.

14 Likes

Embarrassing.

Bad puns, but women made great strides in the military under the Soviets, and this is just a giant awkward step backwards.

8 Likes

This is what happens when you elect a comedian for your president.

3 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe anybody would think this was a good idea. Incredibly stupid on its face.

7 Likes

They’re making them march in heels, because they’re woman. So under this mindset they should also be forced to wear camouflage dresses and be marching with a baby in one arm 'cuz WOMAN! Shame they couldn’t just be like you’re all solders so you all wear the same damned uniform. Better yet, maybe high heels is the new “boot” all Ukrainian solders be required to wear as part of their uniform. At a bare minimum the Ukrainian leader that pushed for the marching in heels should be forced to wear heels for a day.

4 Likes

“Your mother wear combat boots!”

“Nuh uh, she wears sturdy high heels!”

5 Likes

…and in heels…

2 Likes

I see Ross Perot is running Ukraine’s military from the grave. They’re probably also required to have “proper undergarments.”

6 Likes

Especially if they’re going to be goose-stepping in short skirts like these North Korean soldiers.

https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/anniversary-pyongyang-north-korea-09-sep-2018-9877481ac

1 Like

Somebody’s brother-in-law owns the shoe factory? Or is it a mob boss?

This is so absurd, it has to be about money.

3 Likes

If I were into S&M and foot fetish, those would THE shoes of the year.

1 Like

I’ve seen the regular gear women soldiers wear in Ukraine (and Moldova). It appears their pants (of these parading) are tailored also, to show off their legs.

Regular military pants shown here:

3 Likes

That doesn’t work if the leader is a masochist.

Putting aside the sexism for the moment, this sort of thing is only impressive if onlookers have reason to believe that the armed forces are so prepared for battle that they have time to waste. And most onlookers would say that’s not true of Ukraine.

1 Like

Pretty sure Rumsfeld was not actually a masochist, just a sadist. The most regrettable thing about his obituary is the year should have had more zeroes in it, if not nines.

4 Likes

“So after all the bad press we received over the heels we’ve made some changes. Please tell us what you think about this new uniform design.”
“Sir, that’s a bikini.”

2 Likes

The defense ministry responded to the criticism by posting photos of female soldiers from other armies wearing high heels to Facebook, which led to further backlash.

Where? North Korea? Maybe Russia?

1 Like