UK's Ministry of Defence plans to release 50 years of UFO reports sometime in 2020

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/07/uks-ministry-of-defence-plan.html

2 Likes

19 Likes

12 Likes

Do British space aliens adopt a Britt accent?

6 Likes

Yes, de Pfeffel really needs to keep us distracted from what is going on right now.

7 Likes

According to the historical documents I’ve seen, they do. They also despise something called Dok-torr.

13 Likes

The RAF discontinued its UFO reporting program in 2009 after claiming that nothing reported during the five decades of the program posed any sort of threat.

That feels like a very reasonable, very British sort of shrug in response to the issue. (And gives a rather good sense of how anticlimactic the actual reports are going to be.)

5 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

I used to live at the point of that “10”, and played quite a lot of frisbee with my dog, but that was before 1998 so can’t account for the sightings.

4 Likes

The Definitive Collection seems to have extra cheese

1 Like

Somehow I don’t think this is normalized for population.

2 Likes

Or normalized for local concentration of people who think Brexit was a good idea.

3 Likes

The important bit is to have an UFO clause in your contract:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.