Ultra-rich people in NYC demand apartments with (gasp) driveways

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/25/ultra-rich-people-in-nyc-deman.html

5 Likes

It’s nice of the ultra-wealthy to give us a place for the tumbrils.

33 Likes

This glamour of having more space than necessary is really what drives McMansions in surburbia. It’s not a deep pleasure like efficiency.

17 Likes

The ultra-ultra-wealthy are laughing at the merely ultra-wealthy for there simple desires.

21 Likes

Ultra-rich people: You can’t take it with you when you die.

7 Likes
17 Likes

is it ok that I hope people park in front of their driveway and block them in?

14 Likes

Next up, riding lawnmowers for the ultra-rich because if you are this rich who cares if you hold up traffic.

14 Likes

The car elevator is the big thing amongst the crazy rich here in San Diego. You drive your car into your home and take the car elevator down to your private automobile cave. Nice…

10 Likes

So, might as well blow it on a private driveway.

16 Likes

It’s so limousine liberals in NYC don’t have to interact with the plebs on common street.

1 Like

You may be aware of the Crossrail project in London. A friend was working on this a few years back when the tunnellers broke into a completely illegal gigantic underground garage on three floors built by an oligarch. The only surface evidence was what looked like a single garage containing the lift. Sadly his underground garage is now part of a big tube lined with reinforced concrete in which ordinary people will travel to work.

24 Likes

6 Likes

If I stop and think about it for too long, I find myself looking forward to The Revolution.

14 Likes

Works for Batman.

12 Likes

You know, just the other day I was thinking to myself that NYC needs more cars.

15 Likes

Um… maybe they should move to the suburbs or the country where there is more room for such things?

13 Likes

Ultra-rich people: Go ahead and die already.

5 Likes

They don’t really care about having a driveway. They care about other people seeing that they have a driveway in a city of shoe-box apartments.

29 Likes

So, assholes, then. :wink:

13 Likes