Understanding Trump supporters, with empathy

But isn’t that what people are doing when they turn to CNN or Fox? Choosing to hear what they like instead of whats true or even useful?

Well, speaking for myself, if I was standing in a field of racist asshole buffalo, and you lit off a string of firecrackers for lulz, I would take it extremely seriously, and it would have nothing to do with what you did or didn’t mean by it. My immediate issue would be with the stampede of racist asshole buffalo you’d triggered.

5 Likes

Your continued complete lack of interest in why I said what I said is all too telling.

As is your assumption that I assume you’re a white man.

More straw! Just to be clear, even though you always refuse to see the difference: I’m against white supremacy (not white people) and conventional masculinity (not men).

8 Likes

Maybe if we vote Trump in as president, the rest of the world will come over here and say, “Fuck it. We’re taking your toys away until you lot grow up and start acting like responsible adults.”

5 Likes

Yes. That was my point. If you don’t like what’s being given to you by others, take responsibility and choose news sources that you prefer.

1 Like

My fave, as a daily podcast:

2 Likes

Anyone see how notorious conservative whack job Ben Stein is talking about voting Democrat?

Holy hell.

6 Likes

Ah! But you see, that’s my point too!
My point is people are choosing what they prefer. And they prefer infotainment to news.

This is the only thing we might disagree on though. I don’t think its about responsibility. People who prefer not to be challenged are not being irresponsible compared to people who value information before entertainment. Clearly they do not value the same things, so they can call each other irresponsible but only because the other does not want the same things I might want.

I prefer to think that we as a people tend to fail predictably to our societal pressures, If nuts and berries cost more and are more readily available than Twinkies, then, as a society, we will see a higher consumption of Twinkies than of nuts and berries. Saying that some people are being responsible when they keep themselves healthy ignores that this fictitious society has exercised the power to allow the market to be flooded with crap and then has the gall to chastise people who consume what it allows to be produced.

2 Likes

Drumpfers want to feel safe. They are afraid. Whipped into peaks by an overactive imagination fueled by media, reality, and propaganda mixed into a meringue topping the shit-pie that is modern oligarchical America. Just like terrorism is overrated, fear is overdone, Drumpfers are overcooked. I understand. We’ve been whip-sawed ever since 9-11. Fear worked then, it’s been working, and it still works now, clearly. Authoritarianism helps quell fear, hence its current popularity. However, fear isn’t everything. Love works too.

I think the best thing to do is talk to your local Drumpfer and tell them you love them, you will protect them from harm should the need arise, and they should fear less. For together we can overcome any foe, even fear. We stand together united, tall, and stolid. Word.

5 Likes

I said “take responsibility” and I meant it in the sense of control.

1 Like

He speaks for the unheard voices in the United States. The Juggalo Republicans. He’s not afraid to go sit at the kids table of the Republican Party. Talk about 9/11 as a government conspiracy. Say petty baseless shut they understand with excellent delivery. People think they know him cause he was on TV. And he’s not a Washington insider… Because I mean REAL TV. Not just the news. He never insults their intelligence by getting all involved in the details. He’s brazen enough to make it sound like not knowing anything about politics has nothing to do with making good decisions. He’s an arrogant asshole, and that has a certain charm when their treating you as an equal.

Imagine you’re half drunk, all hung over, angry, in debt, fantasize regularly about killing your boss, and like to scream racist shit at the TV news like other people watch sports. You believe in Jesus and the power of prayer. Also believe aliens visit and satanic government conspiracies. Who represents you?

7 Likes

meh. I’m trying to think hard about the lesson “you reap what you sow.” But I’m kinda stuck because climate deniers use that as an excuse to roll coal and men often use that to escalate the domestic violence they inflict on their victims.

I’m thinking that trying to simplify real life problems into pithy religious idioms hasn’t had a stellar track record in the 2,000 years we’ve been trying it.

4 Likes

Mod note: Stay on topic!

1 Like

Drumphucks?

1 Like

We out Carrier Air Group them, I believe approximately 11 to 3, and that 3 includes our allies. Thats before we start counting nuclear subs.

Stumpchucks?

I still can’t get past ‘clownshirts’ which I stole from someone yesterday.

7 Likes

How about just flunks?

1 Like

12 Likes

I like it, can grade it, will grade it, and just did too: Drumpf flunks.

1 Like