Unflattening – A graphic dissertation that argues for the power of images over text as a way to teach

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Would I be a stick in the mud if I were to ask Dr. Sousanis to provide blind studies that show that the premise of his thesis actually holds true?

2 Likes

No, but I suspect you to be a scientist in a field that depends on mathematics or possibly an engineer. Not sure about the engineers these days though.

in any case being numerate might disqualify you, and me, from having a valid opinion on these matters.

1 Like

Nope, not a scientist as a job nor an engineer. But I do work with the laws of physics all day long.

I just worked with a crew who hated “comics” and decried graphic novels for students…

I am leaving public education for now.

I will return whenever.

I may start my own educational business because of this nonsense…

1 Like

This is a repost; I bought this the first time.

It’s as good as the review says.

3 Likes

Good to hear. It sounds like it might be a good resource for a class I teach on information design.

1 Like

Shit yeah. Quality work, wide scope.

1 Like

it may be true for some people that they learn better visually but not for me, it has been an article of faith in tech for years that a diagram is worth a thousand words but diagrams are just no good for me - I need the words.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.