"Unicorn cult" leader switches her grift

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/30/unicorn-cult-leader-switches-her-grift.html

2 Likes

Naming the class that explicitly is a clever way to ensure potential marks will self-select for maximum gullibility.

13 Likes

Flirty Hello GIF

22 Likes

Grifters do this regularly, following the more successful trends in the con artist/cult demimonde. I have one in my family who’s gone through everything from crystal healing to wellness woo to religious cultism (including misrepresenting herself as a member of the clergy). I’m sure get-rich-quick money coaching is in her future.

11 Likes

There’s been only one, and it’s not her.

18 Likes

Dolphin Abundance sounds ever more dangerous than Lamprey Surfeit. :thinking:

17 Likes

If she is claiming to be from another planet, what’s her immigration status? People have been asking this about Superman for years, and let’s face it. She’s no Superman (or Supergirl).

11 Likes

Contributed by Jennifer Sandlin

7 Likes

13 Likes

Does It envolve couches?

10 Likes

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

8 Likes

man that’s a lot of money when you can just summon Bune or something

3 Likes

This all sounds a bit tongue in cheek, like she’s running a real grift but can’t take it seriously enough to resist having some fun and testing just how gullible people can possibly be. Almost winking at the people who aren’t buying it and saying “can you BELIEVE I’m getting away with this?”

5 Likes

IMG_1761

This one brought his own spaceship and cult.

5 Likes

Kamala Harris Judging You GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

This feels like a personality generated entirely by GPT.

I cannot say what was my first thought when I checked her video, or the previous videos she has on her channel. If I do so, the political correctness fundamentalists will ban me from this forum.

1 Like

Two words in the title of the embedded video tell me all I need to know about this person: “Overt Subliminal”.

1 Like

“Dolphin abundance” definitely sounds like something you’d find in J.D. Vance’s browser history.

4 Likes

giphy-1644975329
Why would they do that??

4 Likes