Unit 3 and Venus were a new wave band with a kid as the lead singer

Originally published at: Unit 3 and Venus were a new wave band with a kid as the lead singer | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Saturday wake & bake just got real. Slice of awesomeness for you.

6 Likes

That was awesome and the 2012 interview with Venus great.

I don’t want to spoil the Q & A but I found it amusing that she rebelled and ended up going to Calvary Bible College.

6 Likes

I wonder how she feels about Scott Baio these days, now that he’s proven himself a supreme dickhead?

https://bipartisanreport.com/2016/10/26/scott-baio-just-posted-the-most-racist-insane-pro-trump-tweet-ever-internet-erupts-images/

10 Likes

In other Underage New Wave Lead Singer news fresh from 1980, Anabella Lwin was just 13 years old when she was hired by Malcom McClaren to sing with Bow Wow Wow.

11 Likes

Generally not a great idea when bandmates fuck, unless they’re producing new bandmates i guess

3 Likes

I always liked BWW’s drummer. and everything else, too. was fun to find out that their hit “I Want Candy” was a cover when I finally got around to sessioning the Nuggets comps.

“Scott Baio” was great! hearing a big Young Marble Giants influence, I think.

4 Likes

Beer isn’t good for you.

1 Like

10 Likes

but it’s great for making new friends who years later you realize are all alcoholics :beers:

4 Likes

google Unit 3 and Venus + Beer – this won’t let me link the video

2 Likes

Beer! Beer!
Beer isn’t good for you.
I don’t like beer!
Beer isn’t good for you.
I don’t like beer!
I don’t like beer!
I don’t like beer!

“Beer” by Unit 3 and Venus

3 Likes

ah, here you go

3 Likes

ApoCowLypso were an eighties punk folk band with a 70ish music professor who’d been a Schoenberg protege singing. Most Richmonders in those days mistook her for a bag lady; few forgot the theatrical live shows.

1 Like

oh good, a slur just for older homeless women

haven’t heard that one in a while :unamused:

4 Likes

it’s only because your account is new.
welcome!

4 Likes

I had their single Pajama Party years ago, but lost it. Great song.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.