United passenger was forced to urinate in plastic cup

Lots of people already had flights booked well before these recent events? Or they don’t have other options, because the tickets aren’t being bought by them, but by their company? It’s the cheapest option and one has to fly?

I agree that people need to stop flying united, but I’d guess that some people are locked in for one reason or another. I’d like to think that we’ll see a drop off in the coming months if these stories keep coming.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Because the most important thing about this story is how the woman looks. /s

7 Likes

Musty amps just mean those tubes weren’t ever getting hot enough. Ya gotta cook that crap off brother.

(really, they should get thoroughly dusted and vacuumed regularly. But, ya know. Rock and all. )

2 Likes

I did happened to notice how she’s (yes, physically) fit and attractive. But also an ER nurse (people I have a long history with and great respect for), and is sitting in front of some pretty sweet guitar gear while giving a confident and composed interview. All the while belly tickling a cute 3 year old.

But sure, you can focus on how she looks if you need to.

2 Likes

tubes

let’s be precise, a Vox stack is tubes, but a Marantz 2245 is a nice consumer-grade vintage solid state home stereo receiver - i played it plenty loud often enough, and what was “baked” on there was unmistakably pot smoke residue, a sticky layer on all the surfaces - never smelled another one like it before or since

for purposes of other conversations, put this in your pocket, friend - Two Monks and a Woman - a Zen Lesson | KindSpring.org

1 Like

Oh sorry. I glazed right over that.

Just came into a nice little 30 watt tube combo that needs some work but the only shop around that works on amps like it wanted me to leave it with them for minimum 8 weeks before they’d even be able to look at it. So, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of teaching myself how to replace and bias tubes and am starting on a simple modification. Anyway, I’m nerding out hard and have apparently developed tube tunnel vision.

hehe

1 Like

jeebus, be very careful! - those tubes can kill! :skull: - one hand behind your back, and definitely find a real person to pop over and show you the ropes - i won’t even touch those things - please confirm your receipt of this lifesaving advice

1 Like

What about pooping? You mean like that time Matt LeBlanc pooped in a cup? :wink:

Example Hoax: Matt LeBlanc caught crapping into a cup in a Wendy’s. Here’s my idea. I begin spreading a story where Matt LeBlanc visits a Santa Monica area Wendy’s, asks to use the washroom and finds that it is out of order. Apparently in some distress, he then procures a cup, and poops into it discretely by the condiment counter, only to be accosted by store management and an off-duty judge. You see what I did there? This is exactly the thing everyone’s always concerned Matt LeBlanc is about to do, and by seeing it printed on the Internet in real words, people will automatically believe it.

From here

1 Like

Is this what you get when you run a 4 ohm head through an 8 ohm cab?

I’ve blown up a couple amps in my day, and shot out my share of cones, but damn…

Rest assured my friend. I am an unapologetic safety nerd.

I’m currently wearing ear and eye protection, a seat belt and I’m safely grounded.

1 Like

I don’t think that would cause anything quite so dramatic.

Accidentally using a instrument cable for a speaker cable + high volume can cause it.

Also when linking cabinets together and stressing them the energy will find the weakest link. Heat accumulates, resistance goes down, current passes more easily, heat accumulates…you get the picture. Throw in an imperfectly wired connection and a dry paper cone and you’ve got some sweet stage effects.

You called her hot, not me. You did that.

6 Likes

I sure did. Because I believe we can compliment people like smart, cool moms with good taste in guitar equipment without objectifying them.

Please explain the problem with this.

1 Like

Come to think of it, she could have splashed her cups all over the plane.

You know… Urinated Airlines.

1 Like

Objectifying women is inappropriate. If you don’t understand why, then I’m not sure why it’s up to me to explain it to you.

6 Likes

Blech, not that I’ve noticed, that’s for damn sure.

To be fair they’ve probably never met anyone your particular shade of blue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.