Unprecedented: criminal president

Maybe I’m wrong, but it still seems like it’s a constitutional issue to me.

And I think that’s going to be the tricky part, navigating this, because we actually don’t know.

2 Likes

#notallpresidents

#yesallpresidents

And that’s just the war crimes; we haven’t even got to finances and fraud yet.

Thinking Alike:

Some key quotes:

The only response to an unconstitutional presidency is to annul it. Annulment would repeal all of it – recognizing that such appointments, orders, rules, and records were made without constitutional authority.

After all, the Supreme Court declares legislation that doesn’t comport with the Constitution to be null and void, as if it had never been passed.

It would logically follow that the Court could declare all legislation and executive actions of a presidency unauthorized by the Constitution to be null and void, as if Trump had never been elected. (Clearly, any Trump appointee to the Court would have to recuse himself from any such decision.)

BINGO

4 Likes

I like the idea but I don’t think there’s any precedent for nullifying an election after the fact. The founders clearly didn’t plan for that eventuality and it certainly feels like a longshot at best.

the way its posed in the piece is that the Supreme Court nullifies it, just as they would nullify an unconstitutional law.

But as far as I know U.S. courts have yet to exercise this power for any elected official after said official has already spent any amount of time exercising the powers of their office. It certainly feels like a long shot.

Gotta take this unprecedented president and un-president him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.