Unpublished Gor Books

Yes, there is a lot more in SL than sex. There’s still active music scene - clubs with live DJS and real life performers; Duran Duran even pops in once in a while to host a party. And it makes sense that SL gets all the “alt” lifestyle types - there couldn’t be a safer place to play-test it than your own computer.

how embarassing

1 Like

There really are no unpublished Gor books except for whatever the author is currently writing. There are rumors of another one in 2015. That will make volume 34 of the series. They are also all in print both in paper and electronic versions and some of the best selling eBooks eReads has.

“Houseplants of Gor” has been amusing Goreans and others for at least 15 years. It is one of the best parodies of Norman’s writing that I have seen.

Also…yes, the two Cannon Films Gor movies suck majorly. The only thing in them close to the books is the opening of the first movie and some of the people and place names. Otherwise it is pure B to C grade sword and sorcery movies and not even as good as the Deathstalker movies. They are almost worth watching for the T&A unless you have actually read the books. If you have, the MST3K review isn’t harsh enough.

To clear up some misinformation, the Gor books are one of the best selling series in Science Fiction that most people don’t realize sell that well. Also, the majority of purchasers are women, not men. Yes, that fact shocked all of the publishers of the books and has been true for decades. They have sold millions of copies and been translated into something like 7 or more different languages if my memory is correct.

Yes, I know…they are still mostly unknown to many people and subject to even more misinformation about them from people who have only heard about them, not read them. Add in distortions of what is there by selective quoting and the fact that they are anti-politically correct, it is understandable why they and the author were blacklisted for many years.

There is more to them than what most people believe or think unless they have actually read the books. Yes, there are people who play at Gor online and especially on SecondLife where the Gorean sims were, at one point, the largest special interest group in the game according to books and articles I have read about SecondLife.

There are more things going on than most people recognize. The Gor books and Goreans fit in that category and most of the fans of the series seem to prefer it to stay that way. We would just rather have the information people have about them be correct. http://gorchronicles.com is the official web site for information about the books and the author.

1 Like

You have a cite for this?

1 Like

50 Shades of Gor!

10 Likes

ChuckV…
It has been well known among Goreans for years and it was somewhere on the Gorean Chronicles web site. That site seems to be having technical difficulties when I just tried to check it. This is the first time in a number of years I have seen that. If I find another citation, I will post it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.