Unsettling Oregon house listed for sale

Yep, but even looking at a top view on Google Maps, it’s not that big a building. Each floor still seems too small to contain the long spaces we see in the pictures, even if they aren’t as long as they seem (because they obviously used some sort of fairly wide-angle lens to capture rooms that would otherwise be too small to photograph regularly).

That explains the building/tent in the back, but the house is obviously a dwelling.

3 Likes

It’s a crooked house and likely to shift at any moment though many of several hard to comprehend dimensions. Really it is best to not buy a house that has dimensions you never plan on using.

20 Likes

Things have learned to buy real estate which ought to crawl.

9 Likes
33 Likes

Words to live by.

10 Likes

It’s a shame the interior isn’t 6 identically sized rooms connected in the middle by a small walkway where you face 6 identical doors. The rooms would all be trapezoids, but that’s less awkward than what they did.

13 Likes

4 Likes

Giant bees like hexagons

Thank you Ray Harryhausen

25 Likes

Murder Hornets!! :anguished:

19 Likes

2.5 acres and a huge green house bump that up a bit.

4 Likes

I remember that movie from childhood! What is it?

6 Likes

Mysterious Island

12 Likes

Thanks!

Just found it myself, thanks to your hat tip to Harryhausen.

7 Likes

As somebody who designs homes for a living I have to say there’s nothing wrong with people designing their own homes, but you have to understand it means sometimes you end up with absolute crap.

17 Likes

Ooh, yes. Or an interior courtyard with a fountain. That would be sweet.

8 Likes

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000a

14 Likes

This. Looks like a chunk of that 2.5 acres is either already planted for wine grapes or is suited to it. It’s in wine country in close proximity to the Yamhill river and would be a better commute to the tech jobs in Hillsboro than living in downtown Portland.

4 Likes

My wife and I designed and built a 12-sided house (16-sided with the south face flattened for passive solar). I like that there are no right angles, so it’s real hard to tell how ‘off’ our angles might be!

12 Likes

8 Likes

That reminds me of the film Unforgiven. Gene Hackman’s character Little Bill spends his off time trying to build his house, but is a lousy carpenter. In scenes depicting rain, it is leaky and his deputies joke that there isn’t a single straight angle in that house.

5 Likes