Unvaccinated high school student is suing the health department for banning him from school during a chicken pox outbreak

Oh, that’s just a couple of suits further away. :wink:

My brother wrote a novel published as “Three Days In August” in which this was one of the threads. It didn’t end well for the SilicoAmericans.

I am not wearing sunglasses because of the Christian faith. Someone else is not wearing shoes because they decided it is not Christian. Of course, we all know what Jesus said about getting vaccinated, and the whole point of using Christianity as an excuse not to do anything you do not want to.

Just imagine what Jesus would say!

At least that position could be justified in scripture. Jesus said “I am the Light of the World.” Therefore, any attempt to block that light from reaching your eyes is an act of heresy.

But Jesus never said “I am the pestilence of the Earth, let me flow through your veins and blister your flesh.”

6 Likes

No, but the Old Testament has God visiting pain, sickness and death upon human kind as a punishment for disobedience. It’s pretty easy to come up with a rationale that concludes illness is god’s will. You can get pretty much anything you want from the bible.

1 Like

Once again: Chicken pox can kill you. Yes, really.

3 Likes

Too late if he’s a senior in high school. I had a friend get chicken pox about that age. Destroyed his optic nerve. He’s totally blind.

5 Likes

Shingles may be caused by the same virus, but you don’t have to be previously infected to get them. I have friends who never had chicken pox, but have shingles.

1 Like

Shingles is due to a reactivation of varicella zoster virus (VZV) within a person’s body.[1] The disease chickenpox is caused by the initial infection with VZV.[1] Once chickenpox has resolved, the virus may remain inactive in nerve cells.[1] When it reactivates, it travels from the nerve body to the endings in the skin, producing blisters.[7] Risk factors for reactivation include old age, poor immune function, and having had chickenpox before 18 months of age.[1] How the virus remains in the body or subsequently re-activates is not well understood

3 Likes

Sorry, but that is wrong. They may have had subclinical or mild cases, but if they have shingles, the varicella virus got into their system and set up housekeeping in their nervous system. The only way for this to happen is to catch the varicella virus, which is what “chicken pox” is.

14 Likes

Really putting your best side forward, home state…

3 Likes

Kinda makes you wonder exactly how many times we’ll collectively have to repost that damn Wiki article, doesn’t it? >.<’

2 Likes

I came here to say this. You fucking get sores inside your throat. You get scabs on your scalp and they get stuck in your hair. You have a nonstop headache. You get sores around your butthole. You may have pitted scars on your face. I was out for two weeks and I got it at age 10. My 14 year old brother had it even worse.

I thank Science my kids won’t ever get it.

12 Likes

Of course it can. It can maim a person, kill a person. Hence, the need to develop a vaccine.
However, what I said still stands true.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/kentucky-anti-vaxxer-hearing-chickenpox-ban-61863004?cid=clicksource_4380645_null_headlines_hed

Well, we shall see what the courts say April 1. Appropriate.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.