Unvaccinated people are 4.4 times more likely to catch Covid and 15.4 times more likely to die from Covid

Originally published at: Unvaccinated people are 4.4 times more likely to catch Covid and 15.4 times more likely to die from Covid | Boing Boing

13 Likes

As if any number without a dollar sign attached to it means something to the kind of dope who chooses not to get vaccinated for political reasons.

29 Likes

And if everyone were vaccinated, hospitals wouldn’t be overflowing with patients, so people with other illnesses or injuries could get treatment too.

38 Likes

We thank you for the taste test so that we don’t have to do it ourselves.

27 Likes

“I can’t believe it’s not butter apple-flavoured shit”
“Eight out of ten medical workers say their patients prefer apple-flavoured shit”

19 Likes

Science denying folks won’t understand that math, they can’t even figure out the science or even common sense.

20 Likes

I am not a statistician, but does that mean the vaccines have about a 75% efficacy now? Including the delta variant, and across the three vaccines available in that state.

Edit: okay, more like 77% at preventing illness and 94% at preventing death.

12 Likes

That sounds about right, and it tracks with what the experts have been saying since delta came on the scene.

4 Likes

And while we are striking out at medical quackery, your ads below the article are showing shit like:

Doctor Discovers Natural Solution for Macular Degeneration

15 Likes

I’m still trying to get the antivax nutjob around here to understand how fans work.

4 Likes

51 Likes

TBH, it was a stroke of genius putting the tracking chips in horse de-wormer.

33 Likes

Sorry but I get all of my medical info from my craziest relatives on facebook.

13 Likes

Sunglasses? Wide brimmed hats? I mean, quackery is bad, but there are “natural” ways to reduce likelihood of macular degeneration.

4 Likes

That’s brilliant. I’m going to scare some Trump fans with that.

5 Likes

Or, you can choose to hit on twenty.

5 Likes

Makes me think of a line from St. Elsewhere that went something like, “every surgery is elective until it isn’t.” I really feel for the people who are being forced to delay important surgeries and such because hospitals have no staff or facilities to accommodate them.

15 Likes

Still playing in my favorite Facebook group where I posted that article.

I was told the unvaccinated are dying because they are going to the hospital when they should be contacting America’s frontline doctors to get ivermectin. To that I responded with this great Time article about that group to which I was told, of course, fake news.

“‘America’s Frontline Doctors’ Peddle Bogus COVID-19 Treatment | Time” 'America's Frontline Doctors' Peddle Bogus COVID-19 Treatment | Time

12 Likes

And there are “natural” ways to stop COVID - wearing a fucking mask and getting a fucking vaccine. Doesn’t mean horse paste, nor that link, is legitimate.

14 Likes

Agreed. And if the links were natural doctor designed/authorized hats or shades, they likely be ten times overpriced. It just brought to mind the technically honest advertisement that sold a penis enlarger that turned out to be a magnifying glass.

10 Likes