US "conservatives" struggle to hide their overt support of Putin's war in Ukraine

Originally published at: US "conservatives" struggle to hide their overt support of Putin's war in Ukraine | Boing Boing

10 Likes

21 Likes

23 Likes

wait… you’re not suggesting that the GOP encouraged social media manipulation and even conspired to send voter data to russia to aid in their manipulation of the 2016 and 2020 elections, are you? and you’re not presuming that they’re continuing to be in league with this murderous oligarchy as a means for ruining democracy, are you? shocked shocked am i.

17 Likes

Watch the new Ken Burns documentary “The US and the Holocaust” and it will quickly become apparent that this kind of isolationist “America First” rhetoric isn’t new or even original. Burns doesn’t hestitate to draw a direct line between “conservatives” like this and the ones in the documentary. These fascist enablers will happily stand by again, and perhaps cheer, while another genocide occurs.

23 Likes

Putin is living the modern Republican Party’s dream of a strongman dictator fostering a white Christian ethno-state. Of course they’re on his side. Same reason why they fawn over Viktor Orban.

17 Likes

Well, he was, until he decided to invade his neighbor… things aren’t look too good for him recently…

7 Likes

Why shouldn’t Carlson root for Russia? Because we need to support our allies. Russia is not our ally and Ukraine is our ally.

“The United States remains strongly committed to supporting Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and to helping Ukraine advance its Euro-Atlantic aspirations.”
https://www.state.gov/united-with-ukraine/

6 Likes
6 Likes

It’s not a movie that resonated with me, but I’d ask Republicans cheering Putin’s war why they’re rooting for the bad guys in Red Dawn.

7 Likes

Repeated from Ukraine general thread

26 Likes

#NotAllGunNuts

Though Ukraine’s gains are more due to US and allied artillery, armor, and rockets, and less small arms. But they help!

4 Likes

This meme lost me at “think”.

4 Likes

Seeing all these CPAC tweets (before they get deleted when someone thinks better of it):

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.