US Customs destroys the instrument of renowned Mali musician Ballaké Sissoko

Oh…just…dayyyyyummmm

That intro is proper wicked

I love this

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it, Keep Hush has been on a great tear lately. Feel free to send any reccs my way as well, I’m always curious for new music.

1 Like

I hear a track and field starter pistol works for this too

1 Like

Hi, I’ve found that going with something heavy but with a touch of groove has helped me better let go of my inner rage, mayhap you will agree.

2 Likes

“We don’t understand modern electronics, is it a bomb? We’d better cut the wires just in case.”

-Probably the TSA

2 Likes

They didn’t just break it, they disassembled it. My first thought was they took a look at it and said “this is funny looking, it must be a bomb!”

4 Likes

Probably. The beauty of the flare gun is it is very easy to buy them super cheap used and its not illegal to ship them. Furthermore, they are legal in most countries so it may still work but I would check importation laws first.

your distinction is nonsense. TSA are goons of the lowest order, fck the TSA.

It really says something that a musical instrument doesn’t receive as much legal protection as a fucking gun. Whatever TSA schmuck is responsible for this should be fired. Maybe abolish the entire TSA while you’re at it.

2 Likes

Well, the TSA has been the biggest joke of the entire security industry. Anyone connected with phisical security knows that it is the world’s most expensive theatre production.

Yup. That’s what I do. Nowadays, musical instruments are classed as the “personal item” you can bring aboard with your carry on luggage. However, I do have my guitar (in a hard case!) hand-checked and picked back up outside the plane’s door where all the baby carriers are lined up.

I mean, it is possible to score an overhead compartment long enough to fit a guitar into, but you just shafted four to six other passengers from having a place to store their own carry on bag. Nope. Just can’t and won’t do that. Oh, wait… I did do that once. When I flew First Class. …snig…

1 Like

The dump would be compost, so it wouldn’t work in the salt-the-earth so nothing grows purpose.
Unless it can be used to plant something noxious?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.