US intelligence officer's crazy memoir features Havana syndrome, psychic powers, amnesia, and mysterious Air Force program

Originally published at: US intelligence officer's crazy memoir features Havana syndrome, psychic powers, amnesia, and mysterious Air Force program | Boing Boing

4 Likes

He’s going to be in Trump’s next cabinet isn’t he?

10 Likes

I wonder if this memoir has any overlap with the nuts showcased in The Men Who Stare at Goats.

It is tempting to think that the US intelligence community is intentionally conflating Havana syndrome with psychic woo to help discredit some real-life coverup but that’s probably giving them too much credit.

15 Likes

are you implying that the Roswell extraterrestrial spaceship, nah just a weather balloon! instead had something to do with covering up a nuclear test surveillance balloon? That is, conspiracy theories used to distract from other conspiracy theories, as it were, if you will? (want to be impressed/bored over the list of major theories surrounding the Roswell incident?)

(i blame the havana syndrome on failed efforts to use a directed beam weapon to create trump voters)

11 Likes

Well, I suppose it is definitely a story.

Probably not, because that program actually happened, whereas in this case, we have a, ahem, unreliable narrator talking about programs and events that may not exist outside his imagination. Unless we really think he really “received an honorable discharge from the U.S Air Force [with no memory of being in it, also apparently as a child?] and worked in space intelligence communications as a minor.” When someone makes a claim like that, and also claims to have had a long career in the military/intelligence, I’d like some, you know, corroboration of that, too. Also that there’s an actual person making these claims and it’s not someone made up by a hoaxer…

7 Likes

Possible overlap with Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, too?

Ooohhh, George Clooney is in both movies we named, if a movie is made from this book, he should be in it to complete a trilogy of sorts!

7 Likes

Hmm, plenty of anonymous comments on the Deadline story by people with direct knowledge of the facts. It must be true!

3 Likes

My current main model about all this stuff:

I suspect, but don’t know, that the sudden "legit’ interest in UFOs by the US military, memoirs like this, and even the QAnon cult are all part of a long long - at least since 1947 and the Ntl Security Act - play in what some leftist conspiracy researchers call Psy-Ops…

…About which more I’m not at liberty to say, because it would bore the hell outta ya.

2 Likes

I’m presuming it’s all made up by a very imaginative person in Simon & Shuster’s publicity department, and the book is a science fiction novel being given a patina of TRUE STORY! to help sell copies.
In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think I’m right.

2 Likes

I can see how it all interconnects.

402107790_STATIC_NOISE_400

6 Likes

I hope that’s it. There’s obviously a fiction here, but I’m not sure how many layers there are to it; if it’s fiction all the way down, that would mean there’s no one seriously trying to make others believe it’s true… or worse, who actually thinks it’s true themselves.

1 Like

Why did you post a picture of radomes and a bunker complex @RickMycroft; The snow coated sand dunes in the background were a weird choice though?

1 Like

mike myers air quotes GIF

This deserves all the love.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.