US politicians completely fail at Jewish outreach

Ok, someone curating a top ten list?

1 Like

I think it’s fine; there are some restrictions on what you can eat during Passover, but it’s fundamentally a joyful holiday. It celebrates freedom & the coming of spring. (It also tags both of these bases: it’s one of the “the tried to kill us, they failed, let’s eat” holidays, and matches the capsule summary of the religion that “there’s only one God, and we’re kind of funny about food”.)

It might be weird to wish someone a Happy Counting of the Omer for the period that stretches 49 days after & overlapping with Passover, that’s all restrictions and no real direct immediate joy to go with it. Or similarly, a happy Yom Kippur.

7 Likes

Something something “War on Christianity!”…

As funny as the tantrum would be, it would feed right into their “but we’re the victims here!” mentality.

If the bread was on fire, that could potentially work as a lead-in.

Seeing as that fire burns exactly as well without fuel, I don’t see why anyone should care.

4 Likes

A bit like wishing people a “Happy Lent”.

2 Likes

Holy crap! You’re a genius!

Okay, now hear me out on this one…

We enclose the super Christian Republicans in a sealed system, no energy input. We let that “fire” burn without fuel as you note. We harness some of that energy so that the net temperature increase is zero.

F-the laws of thermodynamics! It’s free energy! We can call it the “asshole battery”.

So, no heat, no air, no food? You want to just seal them all in a box until they die?
That’s not a particularly moral solution to annoying fundies.

2 Likes

Assume a point super Christian fundie…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.