US State Department staffer sexually blackmailed women while working at US embassy

It’s happened more than once. And the sad truth is that the wonder is that it hasn’t happened far more often. That smart phone everyone carriers everywhere is security Swiss cheese. So are those social media accounts. Users ignore it because they don’t think they can do anything about it. And while there are some precautionary steps you can take, it’s an uphill battle because, at the end of the day, the vulnerabilities are both systemic and a product of the companies providing the services. You can be the most careful person in the world, but you depend on others (mostly corporations) when you go out into the wild, and the wild is firmly ensconced in those networked devices you can’t live without and which you never stray far from.

4 Likes

Nude W fellating nude Cheney?

Flagged.

6 Likes

Yes, while being buggered by Rumsfeld who is wearing nothing but an American flag cape.

1 Like

9 Likes

This happens everywhere, at every level, all of thee time, and it makes me want to projectile vomit…

Contain your professional pants, man, or the term “professional” loses its meaning completely.

I could comment on this but then I’d have to go to jail.

Friday night karaoke.

3 Likes

Best I can do:

1 Like

Permission creep is insidious!

Google finally allows per-permission choice, but only in the latest version most of us don’t have.

Worse still, it’s opt in for developers. Watch the worst offenders fail to update this part of their shady apps…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.