Use this handy chart to decode GOP talking points about the attempted coup

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/11/use-this-handy-chart-to-decode-gop-talking-points-about-the-attempted-coup.html

15 Likes

This IS America.

49 Likes

“Illegal Votes” -----> Scary peoples’ votes

30 Likes

More like “Non-Republican” votes, but yeah, there’s tremendous overlap.
Basically any Democrat shouldn’t be voting, let alone “scary people”.

18 Likes

Who’s the artist? That’s pretty striking.

7 Likes

Just going to post it here because I love it (and hate what it’s about…):

12 Likes

57 Likes

I believe it’s Hamed Hazel.

12 Likes

It was Antifa!
‐----------------------------------------------------------------------
No possible way Antifa could be this foolish.

6 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: “Trumpian Anarchy”

GOP-talk never fails to be mealy-mouthed self-serving bullshit; Lord Dampnut has given them the gift of outright lying and making baseless assertions without ever giving a shred of evidence.
Projection is strong with them as well.
It can be safely assumed that when a GOP pol says something, he is most assuredly LYING.
Doubly so when he tries to place blame.

Granted, Dem pols aren’t exempt from this behaviour: “I didn’t have sex with that woman”, etc, but GOPers have raised it to an art-form.

The chart is amusing because it’s true.

2 Likes

if it was antifa the chuds would be more upset about it

2 Likes

“This is a time for healing” is the most triggering to me. Words I recall from one construct of therapy are: “You have to feel it to heal it.” You heal this wound America has suffered by really acknowledging and processing what happened, not by pretending it didn’t happen and moving one.

Also (credit to Air Melber) it’s notable that people are casting this is a political debate rather than as a crime. You don’t call for unity at a murder trial, and if you call for healing you are hoping for healing among the friends and family of the victim, not healing for the killer.

9 Likes

If I didn’t think it was then I wouldn’t be replying.

We are at a dangerous time. There are people who can’t see the difference between the riots and the BLM protests, some of whom have (D)s next to their name. They believe in trickle down rights, where if you are a good citizen then you will get equality eventually, when they won’t lose support over it. Anarchist have a huge problem with this point of view, rights are not something to only be handed out when it is convenient to the ruling party.

Those conservative (D)s have been pushing a narrative about dangerous anarchists for quite a few months now, and they are failing to see that they themselves are playing with a dangerous idea. They want to go back to 2015, but that is impossible, too much has changed and too many progressives will not stand back and allow that to happen.

4 Likes

A good Twitter topic, about the GOP’s use of the Big Lie strategy:

https://twitter.com/search?q="Big%20Lie"&src=trend_click&pt=1349046338927919105&vertical=trends

Also want to share this. Why we can’t let the Republicans try to double down on voter suppression:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.