Arizona GOP asks people to die for Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/08/arizona-gop-asks-people-to-die-for-trump.html

6 Likes

As we’ve known, they have gone full blown Jim Jones death cult.

58 Likes

Pfff, I’ve been advising republican dead-enders to drop dead for years, where’s my parade?

53 Likes

One small set back and they’re ready to give up, take their ball home, and burn down your house.

30 Likes

Die for nothing

21 Likes

Seems short-sighted.

If all the trumpers die, who’ll vote for the GOP?

:thinking:

16 Likes

You know what? They can go ahead and die for this fight just so long as they leave others out of it.

35 Likes

To be fair, the whole GOP philosophy is short sighted. It’s basically about looting the country, which will leave a withered husk. They actually need the cycle of democrats in power every now and then, to attempt to repair things, so another cycle of looting can happen afterwards.

58 Likes

MAGArita recipe: crushed ice, kool-aid, and just a hint of almond.

22 Likes

The AZ GOP took down another of its posts that had a clip from Rambo , with the quote, “This is what we do, who we are. Live for nothing, or die for something.”

Did they take it down because they’re inciting violence, or because it was a clip involving an Al Qaeda-supporting, cop-killing criminal?

But hey, look at you, GOP, you’re actively inciting sedition now.

27 Likes

And then when a stochastic terrorist follows up the Arizona GOP will say “who would have thought this would happen? Must be a ‘lone wolf’”.

39 Likes

Exactly… :wink:

7 Likes

Is the “he” in this trump? Because…

giphy

22 Likes

I am not terribly worried about this. Most of the far-right who reposts this stuff, I am convinced are just a bunch of keyboard cowboys.

Why do I think that? Because so far, despite the rhetoric of a massive election fraud, we don’t have lots of people in the streets with guns.

They are gonna wait and see if someone else sorts it out so they don’t have to risk their necks. That is not the behavior of a Rambo.

7 Likes

I’m beginning to understand… based on Newt Gingrich’s comments, “stealing” votes just means voting for someone else. It’s a little like what the Right did with “fake news”, which now means news they don’t like.

22 Likes

Go to your local morgue. There will be a parade soon enough.

10 Likes

I’m wondering if a bunch of militias organized a huge assault across several states, blowing up state legislatures and firing on law enforcement before ultimately being crushed, if this would be enough to make Republicans back away from their inflammatory talk. Or would it just bring a whole new level of denial. You can’t just keep saying “we mean ‘fight and die’ metaphorically” and expect people who have itchy trigger fingers to just go along with that indefinitely. The people that join militias really really really want to act on their fears.

16 Likes

Are you suggesting I vote for the Lone Wolf party? Because I’m already registered with the Leopards Eating Faces party. I was thinking of switching to the Dormant Permafrost Virus party, but I can’t switch yet…leopards are watching me.

27 Likes

No, they’re asking people to kill for Trump.

41 Likes

Yes - exactly. There are many well-armed people who are feeling dis-empowered and looking for ‘retribution’ for perceived wrongs done to them. Of course - blaming one’s self is not in the mindset. Yikes…

12 Likes