PA GOP angry at own Senator: "we did not send him there to ‘do the right thing’ or whatever"

Originally published at: PA GOP angry at own Senator: "we did not send him there to 'do the right thing' or whatever" | Boing Boing

17 Likes

I thought they already were.

68 Likes

Congrats PA GOP, you made a few seconds of audio that the dems across the entire state are going to be able to batter you with in ads this year and next year too.

63 Likes

“We did not send him there to vote his conscience. We did not send him there to ‘do the right thing’ or whatever”

Isn’t that the GOP motto? Their party platform?

52 Likes

I have to read these posts several times to to ensure I’m reading it correctly.

They should rebrand The Facepalm Party

17 Likes

Last year the Republican Party abandoned any pretense of a platform and basically indicated that they will unconditionally follow and worship Trump. It looks like Trump’s loss hasn’t affected the policy.

23 Likes

If you think of Pennsylvania as just “East Ohio”, it’s less of a shock why PA is so backward.

----

Bonus Content! (related to subject matter of main thread) A Illinois Congressman is getting hate mail from his own cousin, because he, a Republican, sided with the “devil’s party” on the Impeachment vote:

11 Likes

I feel it’s time to get a new passport finally. So long as cheeto’s name isnt behind the seal.

I cannot fathom staying here and trying to make a life or start a family after the 6th, and now the acquittal.
It’s like accepting you are willing to wait for angry stupid and amoral old white people to at any time try to kill you. And vote for people who aquit them of murder.

That’s not my country. That’s not a country at all. That’s a den of scum I no longer want any connection to.

23 Likes

Basically? That was the party platform.

Why Republicans didn’t write a platform for their convention this year - Vox

WHEREAS, The RNC, had the Platform Committee been able to convene in 2020, would have undoubtedly unanimously agreed to reassert the Party’s strong support for President Donald Trump and his Administration …

WHEREAS, The media has outrageously misrepresented the implications of the RNC not adopting a new platform in 2020 …

WHEREAS, The RNC enthusiastically supports President Trump and continues to reject the policy positions of the Obama-Biden Administration …

RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the President’s America-first agenda …

RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention calls on the media to engage in accurate and unbiased reporting, especially as it relates to the strong support of the RNC for President Trump and his Administration …

25 Likes

ima1313ges

12 Likes

Shorter Republican platform:

1. Supporting Donald Trump is our platform.

2. Any suggestion that we have no platform beyond supporting Trump is an outrageous lie.

3. .Supporting Donald Trump is our platform.

30 Likes

Exactly right. They’re just pissed at the very thought of having to face consequences for it.

19 Likes

57 Likes

I share your pain. However, I’ve been convinced that it’s time for those who oppose these folks to take our country back.

29 Likes

The problem is… moving to a different country is very hard for people of somewhat above average means. For most countries, the entry point is marrying someone from that country, having family in that country, or having a grandparent or parent with citizenship. There are a lot of people who can’t do these things, or who don’t have any relatives with other citizenships.

For someone of below average means, it is almost impossible.

Those of us with resources need to stay and fight and try to ensure that our country does not fall to fascism. They only win if we let them win. We can’t abandon those without resources to be the undermench of the new Nazi party. We can’t let the US military fall into the hands of the Nazis; or else you won’t be safe no matter where you run.

We may have to do more than write letters to the editor, or to vote every four years (but only if the candidate who isn’t a fascist is a fairly OK person. I mean, one of the candidates has kept kids in cages, is probably a sex trafficker, has killed hundreds of thousands of people, and has broken a bunch of laws and is a fascist; but the other guy isn’t quite as left as we’d like, so I’m just going to stay home this year…).

Don’t want that to be your country? Do something about it.

25 Likes

This, amen and pass the ammunition! (figuratively, of course.)

15 Likes

57 Likes

I’m really curious what the guy said after this clip. Maybe it’s naive of me, but I assume he tried to say something to make that sound less craven…

…could be wrong, though.

2 Likes

The Donnie Party is more apt

14 Likes

I’d say the more common route is to have a job offer and the opportunity to get a work visa through that. Luckily the two foreign countries I’ve moved to so far have both been in the EAA and I never needed to worry about visas.

9 Likes