Arizona Republic editor responds to death threats following Clinton endorsement

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/17/arizona-republic-editor-respon.html

13 Likes

If it’s okay for a corrupt so-called “newspaper” to back Crooked Hillary, it’s also okay for us Patriots to threaten to burn the building down and murder its staff!
It’s a little thing called “Free Speech”, Bingbong! Look it up! In the Constitution!*

• Trump 2016!
51 Likes

This country needs the political equivalent of a “safe word”.

21 Likes

Have you ever made a serious/non sarcastic comment on BB? Just curious.

14 Likes

Modus is pure Modus. Do not question the Modus because, like a dream, Modus cannot be defined beyond being Modus

33 Likes

Apparently, this comment was in earnest:

38 Likes

He’s just sayin’ what everyone is afraid Trump supporters are thinkin’.

15 Likes

I pegged Modus’s comments as more satire than anything else.

11 Likes

I would have just said to them “The fact that you are making death threats only proves that we were correct to endorse Hillary Clinton, and that the Trump campaign is appealing to the electorate’s basest instincts.”

15 Likes

Have I ever mentioned that Arizona is the Missippi of the SouthWest? I think I have…

8 Likes

Either that or he/she thought they were crap…

3 Likes

Start your own goddamn paper and endorse Trump … shit, endorse him to be the new permanent king-till-death of America for all I care.

9 Likes

Couldn’t a person be arrested for making a death threat? Oh wait…Arizona.

13 Likes

Are there really people who love political parties? I’d be hard-pressed to find one likable.

8 Likes

No, there in ZonyLand you get something free, like a sunburn.

1 Like

When you spend so much time and effort pandering to the unhinged fringe you lose the right to be surprised by this sort of thing…

10 Likes

Sarcasm can be, and often is, serious.

6 Likes

We asked. Maybe we shouldn’t have trusted the answer. They were neat though.

6 Likes

Trump supporters are thugs and killers and some, I assume, are good people.

32 Likes

15 Likes