User Inyerface: collecting every "dark pattern" of web design in one place

Got as far as the select all checks and gave up…

@doctorow “I got stuck on the captchas, whose windoid was too small for the relevant checkboxes to be activated.”

The window is actually fine, it’s that the checkboxes are placed above the image rather than below. And to double fuck with you, the window is initially scrolled to the bottom, so that it looks like the bottom row of checkboxes are hidden - when infact it is the first row hidden.

7 Likes

Or a massive budget Garth Marenghi blockbuster.

3 Likes

How to upload the picture?

1 Like

3 Likes

It did take me a moment to realise the boxes in the CAPTCHA were above the images. That was clever.

3 Likes

i meant In the userinyerface game

1 Like

I very much enjoyed the chess gag in that section though.

1 Like

Got through it in 5:27. I guess I’ve seen too many of these. That placeholder text, tho.

I also like the phone number version. Click for album:
https://imgur.com/r/softwaregore/4f3XB

I spent a while wrestling with the checkboxes before opening the Firefox dev console and refreshing myself on the proper syntax of the CSS Resize attribute.

And then I found out you could scroll up. Oh well.

2 Likes

this truly captured everything i hate about the internet, and I didn’t get past the second screen.

2 Likes

I solved the age slider the same way I would approach this on any site asking for my birthday - I adjusted the birth year to match the damn slider. Way easier than lining up that thing. I mean the birthdate was already a lie, this just made it a different lie.

And yes, I realize it’s totally illegal to enter false data on the internet, but let’s face it: the Internet police have bigger fish to fry.

Just kidding, Internet police! My birthday really is 1/1/2000. Really.

2 Likes

1 Like

My phone time. The slider was brutal.

1 Like

Got stuck on the captcha page for 10 minutes, where no combination of ticks appeared to work, and then decided I had better things to do with my life.

I surrendered to the captcha page, but at significantly less than 10 mins.

As a Brit, I expected it to tell me that the well-formatted postcode I gave it (not my real postcode) wasn’t a valid zip code.

The checkboxes are above, not below, the images.

1 Like

I got that, couldn’t be bothered working out if they meant eye glasses or drinking glasses.

This is just like the forever loading website. There is an endless looping captcha, screen after screen of EULA, and other fantastic annoying stuff. https://photricity.com/flw/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.