Users to Twitter: Ban Nazis. Twitter: What if you could have emoji reactions to a Direct Message

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

6 Likes

13 Likes

I could watch that for hours! So comforting.

7 Likes

Just for a few seconds that synced up with some House music on the radio :grin:

6 Likes

Hate is not free speech, never was, never will be.

7 Likes

Your father and my grandfather killed Nazi’s for the horrors they perpetuated on other humans and we are eternally endebted to them but I’m asking about speech.

First they came for the Nazis

Then nothing else happened because they got rid of the damn Nazis.

19 Likes

Thanks for the guide. I understand that a private platform is not bound by the constitution and they can ban whomever they want. Nazism is particularly hard to defend and neither I nor anyone with any semblance of humanity could. My worry is that the term “Nazi” is tossed around rather liberally and has become so diluted as to be almost meaningless. I, for example, was once branded as an “anti semite” on an online forum for the mere fact that I posted something sympathetic to the Palestinian’s cause after some kid was slaughtered in gaza. It was not even a direct putdown of Israel but it was enought to paint me as an intolerant devil. Therein lies my concern.

Can we get a 10 hour loop of that like the video of Tyrion slapping Joffrey?

3 Likes

16 Likes

Exactly what the fuck is this supposed to do? Other than to let Twitter tell the lie that they’ve done something?

Ok.

This is not a topic about the definition of a Nazi.

Anyone who has read anything Xeni has ever written is clear that racist bigots and their actions are the target of her ire.

So, unless you are trying to derail the point of the article - that racist bigots get to roam twitter while they make emoji reaction tools - by worrying about the labelling of said racist bigots - the term “Nazi” is not the point of this article, and debating what one should call racist bigots is offtopic.

You are welcome to start your own topic on racist bigots and their naming rights if you so wish.

18 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.