USPS issues circular, textured sports ball stamps

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/24/usps-issues-circular-textured.html

4 Likes

the football one overcomes the limits of its media

3 Likes

“Okay folks, we have seven great suggestions for sports, but we need eight to make the sheets work out nicely. Anybody have a good suggestion for another sport with a unique ball having some kind of recognizable texture?”

…And that’s how kickball made the cut.

9 Likes

Does everyone at BoingBoing dislike sports? Sports seems to get a backhand slap every time the topic is mentioned.

I mean, I strongly dislike the opera, but I don’t say so every time someone brings up the chrome or the firefox.

4 Likes

I thought at first these were 3d, which would truly be a feat of techno-philatelic engineering.

3 Likes

Can you please show me where this slap exists in this thread or the original post? I didn’t detect it.

1 Like

I’m sorta bummed I can’t get a sheet of only baseball ones.
We don’t use too many stamps - haven’t since online bill pay forever ago - but these are pretty cool.
In for a sheet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

TIL kickball is considered a sport.

2 Likes

really - and a puck would have fit perfectly.

2 Likes

If they had called it Dodgeball I would give them a pass.

1 Like

I was bad enough at sportsball as a kid, just about any game I would be involved in would often turn into dodge ball (with me as the target).

2 Likes

For the record, my favorite sport is golfball.

2 Likes

Their marketing department is taking things up a notch, the latest slogan released with these stamps makes mail sexy again…

USPS:Check out our package. Feel our balls.

5 Likes

Anyone know why these read: USA FOREVER
that seems rather passive aggressive…

They tried ; and that’s why there is no marble stamp.

1 Like

Fail. No cricket ball.

2 Likes

I am totally going to the post office today, buy some of these and yell out “Yeah! These stamps are the balls!”

2 Likes

Though the part with texture is the edges… It wouldn’t be a circle, and well it isn’t a ball. But I agree it could have had a puck…
and Go Ottawa!

2 Likes

I suppose it’s possible that @pesco really, really loves these stamps but only really loves the sports themselves. But it sounds like a slap to me.

They could’ve shown a football pointed right at you!

:slight_smile: