USPS sued over seizure of masks headed to 2020 BLM protestors

Originally published at: USPS sued over seizure of masks headed to 2020 BLM protestors | Boing Boing

15 Likes

It’s probably connected with this:

24 Likes

So, I don’t understand. What law was being broken that they felt the need to intercept the package?

24 Likes

I sure hope this results in DeJoy’s firing being moved up.

22 Likes

No need for you to break the law when it’s simpler for the authorities to harass you because your beliefs don’t align with theirs.

16 Likes

Suspected antitrumpism.

12 Likes

I am very interested to hear what kind of bullshit excuse USPS gives for seizing masks.

Because I can’t reasonably see how fascism and racism are not the real motivation here.

27 Likes

The USPS having their own law enforcement branch with jurisdiction over the mail is reasonable, but someone seems to be building it into a security empire far outside things related to postal activities.

Since it’s not supposed to exist, it doesn’t have even the flimsy checks and balances of the official organizations.

17 Likes

I believe the technical term is called ‘mission creep’, and appears to be all too common these days.

13 Likes

Reminder: DeJoy still has his job. Still doing evil. Daily.

13 Likes

As with anything related to Dejoy, emphasis on the word creep.

9 Likes

NOW I’m worried about mail-in ballots. Left-leaning zip codes could be targeted and mail end up “lost”.

11 Likes

That’s so 2020. 2024 will have the USPS secretly sieze the ballots for blue states between the printer and the state elections department.

8 Likes

Yeah, read about the massive surveillance apparatus ICE has put together - one that covers everyone in the country. It’s downright disturbing.

9 Likes

Looks like Louis DeJoy is following in the footsteps of WWI Postmaster General Albert Burleson who used “the Espionage Act to ban from the mail those magazines and newspapers he perceived as promoting discord against the government and undermining national unity.”

The Espionage Act is still in force I do believe.

2 Likes

NBC links to the law suit filing. According to that, they said:

2 Likes

So a fucking box?? Isn’t that how they mail drugs in the mail?

2 Likes

You see!!!1!! Open and shut case.

Yup. It’s essentially the old “I could tell he was a drug dealer because of the kind of car he was driving.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.