Utah Highway Patrol trooper swoops in to save unconscious man from being hit by a train

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/18/utah-highway-patrol-trooper-sw.html

5 Likes

Timing!

2 Likes

“Ultra Highway Patrol trooper”

fixed it for you

5 Likes

Holy bleep! Kudos to the trooper!

Anyone here surprised he didn’t shoot the driver instead? (Particularly in a bOING bOING story?)

6 Likes

Trooper Correa said, “At that point, I actually wasn’t really thinking, I was just doing my job.”

The official motto of true heroes everywhere. It says more than any medal or certificate ever will.

21 Likes

In the video, the trooper seems to be wearing shorts. Was he off duty? Or is this part of UT trooper dress code?

I was gonna be supercynic and say something along the lines “bet the driver was white” but heck, we need to send positive reinforcement whenever things like this happen.

So I salute you, Trooper Correa.

10 Likes

Utah Troopers git 'er done.

2 Likes

If only there were more of them. Around here, people do the most moronic things when driving, and there are never cops around. I legitimately think that UHP has a much lower cop-to-civilian ratio than any other state that I’ve lived in.

Which is not to say I’m not grateful that Trooper Correa was available and competent in this emergency. Good on ya, bro!

Train driver was like:

2 Likes

Actually, the difficulty for a locomotive engineer after an accident is that usually, after killing somebody (not their fault, but still stressful…), talking to the police, filling out paperwork and inspecting the locomotive, they have to finish driving the train to its destination

8 Likes

Well, no one likes a half assed job…

But no, I know, it really isn’t funny hitting people with trains.

And it appears that this was a passenger train, so you just know there were probably a bunch of people going on about “why are we stopping? I need to get to where I’m going, etc.”

2 Likes

In this case, a good/great guy.

Also the official motto of soldiers in war zones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.