Utah Republican Karianne Lisonbee explains how women can control their semen intake to avoid pregnancy

I read that He was simpathetic to the Tea Party movement. Whatever happened to these guys? Were they substituted by even more radical people?

2 Likes

Most of the tea party GOP just slid into full on christo-fascism. Whether because they genuinely believe and were just playing the extent of their extremism down or, like Ted Cruz and Abbott and Paxton, it was deemed politically necessary to accumulate more power

8 Likes
5 Likes

They don’t care what we want—they’re reminding us what they’re interested in, and after we’re 25 they’re no longer interested in us or our potential

7 Likes

um, yeah.

The official Tea Party Caucus just kind of died a natural death from inactivity, I think, but some notable members are still in Congress, including Steve Scalise and Louie Gohmert in the House, and Ron Johnson, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul in the Senate. Some who flirted with the Tea Party, like Rubio and McConnell, haven’t moved on to the extremism of QAnon Trumpism, but the hardcore Tea Party people have. I mean, that’s the crazy thing. MTG, Lauren Boebert, Matt Goetz, and Paul Gosar are making the Tea Party look almost reasonable by comparison. Remember when the nuttiest member of Congress was Michelle Bachmann?

6 Likes

Told my spouse about this spectacular statement. His response was very like
Helena Bonham Carter Reaction GIF
“Wait. She’s had sex with a man before, right?”

11 Likes

Well, that’s academic in the Lisonbee’s future white evangelical ethnostate, because condoms and birth control will be illegal.

4 Likes

A bit OT regarding pregnancy after rape: Poland took 2.3 million refugees from Ukraine, many of them pregnant women. They’d have to prove that they became pregnant from rape to get an abortion in Poland.

Is the law similar in Utah?

I think she plans to ban those as well.

1 Like

Shouldn’t the men be responsible for their essence?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Uh, Jack, Jack, listen… tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first… become… well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper : [somewhat embarassed] Well, I, uh… I… I… first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper : Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue… a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I… I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper : I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh… women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh… I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : No.

General Jack D. Ripper : But I… I do deny them my essence.

4 Likes

Are there some valves and shutoffs that I’m yet unaware of?

3 Likes

Apparently there’s some control to shut that whole thing down.

What kind of sex-ed do these people get?

2 Likes

Church of Christ Fire Control Science? Freight Train Funhouse Mirror Lever Consequence Forgiveness Drills? 8’10" Truck Cheerleading Pyramid Fun Squad? Utah Winter Sweats Cord Shibari? Dictionary Literalism mixed with Jazz* Editing. *‘Musicians are not getting paid’ Jazz varietal.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.