✌ Victory! ✌

Just registered for fall semester classes and I was able to get all four of the classes I wanted, and will only need to be on campus two days a week!

WIN!

14 Likes

That’s not just a win, that’s a YAHTZEE.

11 Likes

Hell yeah!

5 Likes

We don’t seem to have a WTF thread, so I’ll put this here as it’s a victory for Gibraltar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/36775154

10 Likes

On Saturday, I got ESA at the level I had before, and I don’t need to go to an appointment with someone trying to take it away from me.

I’m still waiting for PIP, but it is unlikely that I will not get that at the same level now. At least if I have to appeal the decision I won’t be living on my savings.

It’s a semi-victory, at the very least.

12 Likes
10 Likes

Victory? Geez…

VICTORY!!! :heartpulse::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::sparkling_heart:

Y’all are the best!

21 Likes

God, I’ve left this thread alone too damn long!

To answer your question belatedly, @XantheStone, it was British Marmite.

Special congrats to @bibliophile20. As a product of miscegenation, I heartily approve.

My good news? I got my internship! Paid! It’s not a lot of hours, but… watcha gonna do? For some reason I’ve spent this week in a cycle of overreacting to everything under the sun and casting everything in the worst possible light. I think I’m officially going the wrong way on my research, but that is fixable. So today, I put a cherry on top of the week and call it great. I celebrated by coming home and making everyone a seafood pasta salad and a double-dark-chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache icing.

I’d let you guys try some, but I can’t squeeze it through the intertubes.

17 Likes

Reciplease!

12 Likes

I don’t even remember what I asked you. Great news about the internship. And that cake sounds amazing.

6 Likes

Kick ass! Good for you, man, congrats!

8 Likes

Woo-hoo! Congratulations! (And you didn’t even have to fix the obscene language in that blog of yours. :wink:)

8 Likes

Pshh. Fuck that shit.

14 Likes

My car passed inspection. My sauerkraut smells like sauerkraut. I successfully got things done this weekend that I had pretty well thought I wasn’t going to get around to this weekend.

I feel exhausted and I need a week off. But it’s still a :v: Victory :v:

17 Likes

Found out my neighbors are finally moving next month after several attempts to sell over the past decade. Their now grown son was on the wrong side of the law when he was 12 or so, and while it appears to have been a one-time thing … well let’s just say it’s one less thing I have to think about now. Funny thing was not long ago he acted like he was doing everyone a favor by NOT selling after getting what he considered to be a low-ball offer. Yeah - gee thanks for that one

6 Likes

I had my ears syringed this morning (which isn’t actually a syringe at all) and now I can hear again. I had no idea my keyboard keys made little clicky sounds while I type and my mouse had a definite audible click, quite loud. So many sounds I have missed and I don’t have to constantly ask my husband to turn the TV up.

21 Likes

Oh, my turn again.

So I’m fairly well terrified to drive. Took me years to get any form of driving license and I was about 28 before legally allowed to drive by myself. However I never did. When I did drive (rarely) I always had my husband in the car.

I just agreed to tutor a student who lives about a 10 minute drive from myself. My husband would stay at home with the toddler and I would drive there. For the first time by myself.

Yesterday was the day. For an hour or so before I had to leave I felt sick. By the time my husband arrived home I was crying and then I threw up. He offered to drive me anyway, but I refused. I knew if I didn’t just do it I would get worked up again and again.

Anyway, so I did it. I drove there. I drove back in the dark. I tutored the student. It was all fine. Nothing bad happened. And next week I shall do it again. This time with less anxiety and panic, hopefully.

34 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, I needed a dose of vicarious victory!

18 Likes

And as a bonus it opens up other oportunties in the bargain.

14 Likes

Not just any ol’ victory, that’s a major victory!!!

:tada: CONGRATULATIONS!!!:confetti_ball:

18 Likes