✌ Victory! ✌

OMG! That’s perfect for a steampunk wizard who wants an octopus familiar, too!

(You guys give me strange ideas)

8 Likes

Ah, I stand sit corrected. Carry on. :laughing:

6 Likes

But that would clash with my status as High Priestess of the Goddess, though.

I’m pretty content with my position at the moment.

6 Likes

I like it! (man oh man, I need to make more time for reading)

5 Likes

I’m not sure if y’all are sending the best message here

hi @japhroaig’s mom, we checked and found not a single genius, only fishes, popes and space goddesses. you can come in!

17 Likes

Yes! We’d love to meet the lovely woman who spawned such an excellent fishy, @japhroaig’s mom! Come hang out with us and tell us tales of his youth!

12 Likes

Wornstrom!!!

4 Likes

Just registered for fall semester classes and I was able to get all four of the classes I wanted, and will only need to be on campus two days a week!

WIN!

14 Likes

That’s not just a win, that’s a YAHTZEE.

11 Likes

Hell yeah!

5 Likes

We don’t seem to have a WTF thread, so I’ll put this here as it’s a victory for Gibraltar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/36775154

10 Likes

On Saturday, I got ESA at the level I had before, and I don’t need to go to an appointment with someone trying to take it away from me.

I’m still waiting for PIP, but it is unlikely that I will not get that at the same level now. At least if I have to appeal the decision I won’t be living on my savings.

It’s a semi-victory, at the very least.

12 Likes
10 Likes

Victory? Geez…

VICTORY!!! :heartpulse::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::sparkling_heart:

Y’all are the best!

21 Likes

God, I’ve left this thread alone too damn long!

To answer your question belatedly, @XantheStone, it was British Marmite.

Special congrats to @bibliophile20. As a product of miscegenation, I heartily approve.

My good news? I got my internship! Paid! It’s not a lot of hours, but… watcha gonna do? For some reason I’ve spent this week in a cycle of overreacting to everything under the sun and casting everything in the worst possible light. I think I’m officially going the wrong way on my research, but that is fixable. So today, I put a cherry on top of the week and call it great. I celebrated by coming home and making everyone a seafood pasta salad and a double-dark-chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache icing.

I’d let you guys try some, but I can’t squeeze it through the intertubes.

17 Likes

Reciplease!

12 Likes

I don’t even remember what I asked you. Great news about the internship. And that cake sounds amazing.

6 Likes

Kick ass! Good for you, man, congrats!

8 Likes

Woo-hoo! Congratulations! (And you didn’t even have to fix the obscene language in that blog of yours. :wink:)

8 Likes

Pshh. Fuck that shit.

14 Likes