✌ Victory! ✌

I always lose to my dad.

I don’t know how, but he always seems to end up with hands full of 5s and Js, or 8776.

2 Likes

But two of those cards need to be moved to the crib!

2 Likes

I was thinking:

Hand: 5 5 6 J
Cut: 7

or
Hand: 3 4 5 J
Cut: 5

2 Likes

Oh, duh!!!

I think I need some coffee.

2 Likes

OK, so fine, one of the other cards is the cut (not the Jack, obviously).

1 Like

It seems to be the card game of Michigan. I don’t really like playing it, though, because I count the cards subconsciously and I nearly always win. It’s boring.

3 Likes

Aparently not thrown anything in the box yet.

1 Like

Here’s the trick. Find an electronic version - all the popular Phones have a version (I’m sure I own at least one for every OS) -and start to play.

Sure you don’t know what the hell you’re doing but soon the 15s coalesce in your brain and making runs is second nature.

I learned on a C=64, but the game is the same no matter the platform.

7 Likes

Euchre is extremely popular in Indiana too. I learned to play in college. My sophomore year I had a dorm-neighbor whose obsession for euchre almost surpassed his obsession with watching football.

All these years later I’ve completely forgotten how to play. So let’s call that a victory. :grin:

4 Likes

my obscure card game was pinochle. i was playing a game in the dorms when three of the players all had double runs. the bidding was fierce and eventually futile.

4 Likes

pinochle got me through college when I didn’t have two dimes to rub together. That and Canast(a/y)

7 Likes

then you understand how particularly futile the bidding was in that hand. my partner signaling he had over 100 meld while i was holding a double run in spades and he had one in hearts. meanwhile one of our opponents had a double run in clubs. i questioned the shuffle after all was said and done.

4 Likes

Just made my final tuition payment!

31 Likes

I’ve been teaching myself animation for the last week with the goal of getting to the point that I could construct a cartoon with some sort of story in it rather than just little vignettes.

Behold: Bessie Vs. The Flying Saucer

The cow’s expressive range is quite limited (the UFO emotes more), and there’s no dialog, but still, there’s a lot of stuff in there.

16 Likes

Checkup at the ol’ doctor. Still on a low dose med (lowest dose possible) but … my BP is back down where BP should be … 122 / 78. Near perfect. Very very very pleased. My goal is to be off it completely when my annual physical rolls around in June.

15 Likes

200,000!

And I’m flying out to my fiancee tomorrow morning!

14 Likes

Follow-up to an earlier post: I have now been successfully de-ported.

This time I didn’t fall asleep before the surgery and didn’t wake up singing “Comfortably Numb”. I also have to tape plastic wrap over the incision every time I take a shower but I can live with that.

28 Likes

#CONGRATULATIONS!!!

No longer being a cyborg must come with mixed feelings for a Healthy Mutant.

9 Likes

We’re actually moving next week. Yay to a bigger house. Yay to actually having a proper backyard. And, most importantly, yay for hiring a truck and men to help us move everything.

18 Likes

I’ve stopped going around saying “Resistance is futile” and I still have recurring dreams of Alice Krige so it’s OK.

10 Likes