Vape charger fire destroys bedroom

Originally published at: Vape charger fire destroys bedroom | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Lithium fires caused by dodgy chargers and gadgets are no joke.

In the case of the dive boat – et al, FOLKS WHO IGNORE SPARKS WHEN THEY PLUG IN THEIR DODGY EQUIPMENT are no joke. :man_shrugging:

People Starz GIF by The Serpent Queen

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the PIF!

Along those lines, there’s been a spike in strep throat cases over the last couple of years, and at least one doctor thinks people sharing vapes is partly to blame. We learned absolutely nothing during the pandemic. Why would anyone share a device that you put in your mouth and inhale from?!?!

6 Likes

I kind of thought the whole “vaping with dodgy vapes coats your lungs with a waxy substance that will suffocate you” thing would be an adequate deterrent, but yeah. :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Maybe I’m getting old and peculiar, but I charge nothing overnight anymore. If I’m not home and awake, it gets unplugged.

3 Likes

I had people try to hand me joints during the height of the pandemic. :man_shrugging:t2: There’s a defiant willfulness to certain idiotic behaviors, especially among men. I just read yesterday that seat belt use in Ohio has declined dramatically over the past decade. Freaking seat belts.

6 Likes

My cousin’s best friend’s daughter’s stepmom’s niece’s babysitter’s brother was killed when a seat belt cut him in half. He would have survived if he hadn’t been wearing it. Joe Rogan says Big Belt just wants to kill everyone.

7 Likes

The worst part is that good lithium-ion cells from reputable manufacturers aren’t really that much more expensive, and neither is a decent charger. Certainly a lot less than you’ll lose in even a small fire.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.