Vaping while faceswapping yields unusual results

[Read the post]

4 Likes

Mind = Swapped

3 Likes

Thought it had been posted, and luckily BoingBoingā€™s recommendation engine is working fine, as the other article appears directly below this one. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Finally, a Boing Boing article about vaping that isnā€™t a freakinā€™ ad! Also, admittedly (though unfortunately) pretty cool.

4 Likes

This shit right here is why I donā€™t vape anymore. You donā€™t get your vaped face stuck back on before it disperses, forget it man, itā€™s gone.

21 Likes

Soā€¦ have both vaping and face swapping gone the way of planking yet?

7 Likes

If the existence of vaping kills off cigarettes for good, I will gladly make that trade.

7 Likes

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever get tired of algorithmic facial manipulation:

6 Likes

How long before this video gets picked up by some alarmist, fundamentalist, idiot/demagogue who wants/tries to pass it off as the actual experience of marijuana users?

3 Likes

Not going to happen unless legislated.

From the POV of a 25-year smoker of tobacco and other burnables, vaping is immensely unsatisfying.

If all you care about is delivering cannabinoids to your brain, vaping works fine. If you actually enjoy smoking, it doesnā€™t work at all. The crackle and burn is an integral part of scratching the itch.

3 Likes

Help! I smoked a bowl and drank a pint last night and now I donā€™t recognize my own face! And someone snuck in and put a picture of THAT EXACT SAME FACE on my passport! What shall I do? I guess Iā€™d better go to France.

3 Likes

If marijuana did that, Iā€™d be over the top thrilled.

11 Likes

Youā€™d prefer a lungful of smoke? Vaping is vastly better, as a non-smoker.

Many do not share your experience, fortunately.

Oh, no doubt. itā€™s less about vaping, and more about this weird cultural of vaping entitlement thatā€™s grown up so quickly. But ideally, Iā€™d like a lungful of nothing but clear airā€¦ but of course we know thatā€™s not possible at this point, given our global environmental damage.

4 Likes

But whatā€™s clean air in a room full of people? Nope, not going to start a vaping argument.

9 Likes

I never thought ā€œyouā€™re off your faceā€ would ever be in danger of being taken literally.

2 Likes

#PARKOUR!!

3 Likes

Itā€™s several habits. Including the beginning of the ritual where you light a small fire.

1 Like

The video. not the article.

1 Like

As a person who does not get what is so interesting about the front of the head as compared to the rest of the body, I am always perplexed by the ā€œhumorā€ that people seem to experience with manipulating face pictures.