Vatican: More trained exorcists needed to fight the demonic

I’m able and ready. How much that pay?

1 Like

You’re a Franciscan. Vow of poverty for you.

Also, I was hoping that Bible illustration above was from Avalon Hill. How hard would that rock?

1 Like

You’ve cornered me again.

1 Like

Is anyone else having an exorcism right now? No? Never mind.

7 Likes

But what of this?

(perhaps a little bloody)

1 Like

Why yes! I am…

7 Likes

Bread roll or crackers to go with that pea soup?

3 Likes

And here we have both the No True Scotsman fallacy and the complete ignorance of “the Bible as the only source of truth” disclaimer. This is why it’s dangerous to trust the religious.

What level of psychiatric knowledge – let alone psychiatric care – do you think was available to the average family in the 1800s? The only literate thing most folks did back then was attend Church. It was all they knew.

I’m sure you – transported back to the 1800s – would have been the philosophical equal to Charles Darwin himself. So, not to worry – I don’t mean you. I just mean the unwashed ignorant 99% of the population back then.

2 Likes

Oh great, another fruitcake ex … spook.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you:

6 Likes

This is absolutely typical in evangelical churches.

“The Bishop wants a word with you.” (Best line from Brimstone and Treacle that I remember but apparently didn’t happen in the Berenstain universe.)

The illness is psychosomatic but the side effects are real!

Not as such.
Fighting a couple of minor internal demons, though.

2 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

Nope. Been possessed for decades. Me and my demons, we get along.

1 Like

I knew a better person than I could do it.

Perhaps you genuinely thought my attempt at sarcastic jest was in earnest. Suffice to say I do not call for the good ol days but was simply pointing out how the catholics are going backwards.

1 Like

Just make sure you pay the bill for the exorcism.

You wouldn’t want to get repossessed.

9 Likes