Vegan influencer outed for eating meat in video

Maybe it’s just a red herring?

8 Likes

red her·ring

/ˈˌred ˈheriNG/ noun

1. a dried smoked herring, which is turned red by the smoke.

synonyms: bluff, blind, ruse, feint, deception, subterfuge, hoax, trick, ploy, device, wile, sham, pretense, artifice, cover, smokescreen, distraction, expedient, contrivance, machination; More

2. something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting.

“the book is fast-paced, exciting, and full of red herrings”

6 Likes

That pun was the wurst.

20 Likes

This goes far beyond “vegan lying about being vegan” if she:

1 - Was getting sick from her diet
2 - Continued selling it to others

I’m not even referring to it being legally wrong (I’d wager it isn’t, based on the wide latitude for this sort of thing), but IMHO it is morally reprehensible to do so.

53 Likes

More like Vegone.

8 Likes

Now you’ve opened the can of worms.

8 Likes

I’m referring to “takedown culture” where we (including myself here out of fairness) can often be more upset about someone who is very similar to us, but has made a small transgression, while people who are very different, or who are actively opposing your beliefs, are ignored.

Thus how some progressives found themselves more angry with Hillary than with Donald, due to perceived transgressions against Bernie, despite the nearly complete alignment on voting records.

It is easier to attack those closest to yourself, so we do.

14 Likes

So ONLY progressives (and I assume you mean liberals) are guilty of this? Really?

Source?

11 Likes

Your diet is your own. I don’t care what you eat. Seriously. Don’t bore me with your diet.
Now… who has some good recipes?

15 Likes

No, I’m sure it is inherent to human behavior, but progressives certainly do it a lot.

3 Likes

Canned worms ?

I use solely artisanal worms and more often than not gummy.

9 Likes

I’ll send you a great one for pork loin. It’ll knock you socks off.

5 Likes

Again. Source? Give me examples that clearly show it’s MORE a liberal issue than a Conservative one.

Otherwise don’t label it as a one side problem when it isn’t.

12 Likes

Anyone who voted for Trump because they didn’t like Hillary isn’t a progressive.

16 Likes

I survive on a diet of bourbon and rye. Throw in a spattering of red meat (preferably pickled/cured), eggs, and now HOT tea. :wink:

3 Likes

Try to work some oatmeal in there in the morning, do it for me.

9 Likes

Is there any sort of consensus/etc that a vegan diet is harmful to most people?

4 Likes

No shit!!

6 Likes

Wow. We got here fast.

10 Likes

termforwurst2

8 Likes