Venice skate park filled with sand

Not if they knew shitting on the skate park would piss off the humans more.

5 Likes

LIBERATE VENICE SKATE PARK!

1 Like

that’s a simple, inexpensive, brilliant solution really. like in chicago where they just removed all the hoops from the basketball courts.

1 Like

Beyond that–it’s just enough to be legal CYA and easier to clean up than full packing. The City now has plausible deniability if someone gets sick and can say that it did everything it reasonably could to prevent people from gathering and getting infected (because here in L.A., any skater punk or spectator who got COVID-19 would sue the City for negligence otherwise).

And this is why we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

Now they’ll draw a crowd of sand castle builders.

4 Likes

Not sand castles. Now it looks like a really cool place to take your off-road RC cars.

1 Like

That Venice.
In the real Venice the skate park is actually on the land https://www.comune.venezia.it/it/boscograndiparchi
And is closed now due lockdown

3 Likes

If there aren’t skateboard with pneumatic tires in Venice now, there will be.

4 Likes

The municipal government closed the skate park across the street from me. It is surrounded by a tall chain link fence so all that was required was to padlock the gates. Sure, a really determined skater could probably climb the fence, but I haven’t seen anyone do that yet.

What I have seen a lot of skaters do is move to the adjacent outdoor basketball court, which was “secured” by a strip of yellow caution tape. Skaters gonna skate. I’m sure the Venice skaters will just find some other infrastructure to grind on.

And the response

I have to admit, I don’t get why we’re all “Social distancing is good and protestors fighting it are bad and that’s horrible these people only think of themselves”… and then at the same time start talking about fighting for skaters rights when a city does something to stop people from congregating in a park.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.