Quarantined skateboarders turn their house into a makeshift skatepark

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/26/quarantined-skateboarders-turn.html

5 Likes

@pesco, it’s Apopka.

3 Likes

I hope they did it for the fame and not the money. $10K doesn’t come anywhere near covering all that damage, even in Floriduh.

2 Likes

My mother had to live for two years, here in Colorado Springs, next to some guys who turned their entire back yard into a skate park for no other reason than they wanted to. At least I hope they weren’t sponsored. It was a living hell.

3 Likes

Fixed. Thank you.

7 Likes

spiff

6 Likes

That was WAY better skating then I expected. As a father I kept wanting to yell, “HELMET!” At least there were handrails.

8 Likes

Thanks both!

4 Likes

Whoaaaaa The Madness, THANX!!!

Ughh. I see these articles and shudder. I tore my ACL a lil over 20 years ago, and then retore the replacement in early March. I can tell you, scheduling an Ortho visit and surgery during a viral pandemic suuuuuucks. Seriously people, dont get hurt right now. Im lucky that Oklahoma hasnt had its medical services hit like the more densly populated states or id probably still be waiting to get it fixed.

4 Likes

i always appreciate when skating and snowboarding videos show wrecks and screw-ups, because otherwise it feels like they just do that sort of thing naturally, all day, and didn’t have to work for it. but wow, these are insane. seems to me that somebody’s parents are in the video (woman in truck with dog, and man throwing a basketball at the end), so maybe they just approve?

2 Likes

Super glad they didn’t need to visit the ER! I wonder if the homeowners insurance would cover any of that, much less city building codes…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.