Watch these pro skaterboarders, including Tony Hawk, shred an empty water park

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/29/watch-these-pro-skaterboarders.html

6 Likes

Man that’s dope as hell, lucky to have an accidental run in with the new owner and have him be all for allowing them to skate their asses off. Anyone else likely would’ve thought first about the liability (as they should), but glad this guy was cool with them having fun before the park got torn down.

7 Likes

I think in SoCal, the proper punctuation is “winter”

8 Likes

Or for a different twist, same park with an electric motorcycle:

2 Likes

Methinks the skaters “neglected” to mention the 82 page waiver and indemnity package they likely had to sign before the gates were opened.

5 Likes

Yeah. “Anything you want to do is cool - as long as it’s not on my insurance.”

1 Like

Yep, the real generosity surely comes from the people who buy the shit from their sponsors that pays for the insurance. Glad they found a way.

1 Like

I used to ride a skateboard when I was a kid. I think with enough practice I could’ve been a decent skater… EXCEPT that I actually have a surfeit of pain neurons throughout my limbs, body, and cranium. For me, walking away from a hard landing and just “getting back on my horse” was never an option, because of the intense pain.

2 Likes

Still a great opportunity regardless, though it’s likely that waivers were signed or something as you said.

2 Likes

Looks like fun.
World class athletes, permission, and a first class camera crew,
yep, rebels.

2 Likes

It’s great to see that Tony Hawk still has the loop in him.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.