Skateboarder with a broken neck astonishes the crowd

Originally published at: Skateboarder with a broken neck astonishes the crowd | Boing Boing

Is the skate park a legal one? Not asking as a criticism, just wondering how they got away with building a structure under and onto an overpass. I would imagine whichever local governmental branch would be in charge of these kinds of transportation related structures would be hostile to this kind of stuff. If it has been allowed i think that’s a pretty amazing story

1 Like

I guess so? It’s on the park website.

Though, man, no helmets on concrete and skating with a cracked vertebrae (though I guess at the time he didn’t know he had one) is a good way to end up paralyzed or dead :confused:

1 Like

For a second I thought maybe it was supposed to say “broken deck.”

(Which would be pretty amazing also.)

1 Like

Did a cursory search and it seems like there are plans to redevelop the overall park but the skate park itself will be left alone, which is cool :smiley:

The city set aside the area to be turned into a skate park as a compromise to keep people from skating and damaging Love Park. The funding never came through so the the skaters built it themselves over the last 25 years.

3 Likes

Not everyone can be Bert Trautmann, so please don’t try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.