Verizon Fios drops right-wing One America network

Originally published at: Verizon Fios drops right-wing One America network | Boing Boing

13 Likes

OnAN and NewsMax are easy to drop due to low audience numbers. I’m not holding my breath for the carriers to dump misinformation peddler Faux News.

20 Likes

Help me understand what this means. What does it mean to no longer be able to access OAN “on Verizon”?

[edit] I think I get it. So Verizon offers a subscription television service where they deliver a bunch of channels to your home over a dedicated wire like “cable TV”.

4 Likes

Correct. Like a lot of carriers Verizon offers home phone service, Internet, cellular, and also cable TV service.

5 Likes

They’re streaming on KlowdTV where for $2.50 a month one can get Newsmax and Infowars.

9 Likes

None of that stuff is available in the rural area where I live so I’m pretty oblivious.

5 Likes

You can make your voice heard here:

15 Likes

Let the door (and the lawsuits from Dominion and Smartmatic) hit them in the ass.

7 Likes

“Screaming abuse at my wife has been enough to keep her terrified and married to me for the past decade, it’s got to work the same on a major multinational megacorporation, right?”

9 Likes

owned by the California-based Herring Networks

That herring is red, by the way.

Always glad see another conservative yellow journalism site tanking. Would that FOX news go the same route. Thoughts and prayers… thoughts and prayers…

7 Likes

sucket

6 Likes

Good. Now do Fock Snooze.

4 Likes

Hey, don’t besmirch the One True Bozo like that.

5 Likes

I cancelled Verizon cable in February of 2021. When asked why I said it was because they forced me to fund Fox News, Newsmax and OAN by having them on the tier of basic channels, and I felt that those networks materially contributed to the Jan 6th insurrection. I would have happily accepted a symbolic $5/month credit, but they processed my cancellation request, thanked me for my business and sent me on my way. I do not miss having the service and I’ve saved over $2,300 so far.

11 Likes

Oblig:

4 Likes

One America News sounds like something the Soviet Union would have broadcast.

5 Likes

It also kinda sounds like Onanism Network, or at least that’s what I like to call it.

5 Likes

Find Out has entered the chat.

2 Likes
1 Like

I love that, and I’m stealing it. Thanks.

2 Likes