Veterinarian training video features man pretending to be a terrified cat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/23/veterinarian-training-video-fe.html

13 Likes

Some people pay a lot of money for that kind of treatment…

19 Likes

Hmmm; VetDom?

12 Likes

Hey, that’s what happened to that sex tape that I accidentally uploaded to the cloud!

11 Likes

i was already seriously impressed with his commitment to the part, and then all hell broke loose. bravo, i say – give them some kind of award!

20 Likes

What, they didn’t have a genuine pissed off cat they could have used? I mean they could have used… any one of them??

Also, once they have the cat out of the cage, they could use the handy Cat Carrier to move it around.

11 Likes

This is like the darker, less sexy side of pet play…

5 Likes

When method acting goes off the rails…

But seriously, I have seen cats do the climb-smooth-vertical-surfaces thing before, some kind of temporary suspension of the laws of physics, as best I can tell.

13 Likes

chyron says “enema success”. Checks out.

Here’s my (feline non-human) kitty, hating her vet visit:

12 Likes

Slow day at the veterinary clinic?

(Loved the camera person not being able to hold in the giggles during “Kitty’s” more manic antics!)

9 Likes

This guy was less enthusiastic for the how to neuter cat video. He was eventually found hiding in a pile of laundry when he blinked and the light reflected off his eyes.

17 Likes

L: “Who is a bad kitty?”

C: “Meow”

L: “That’s right, you’re a bad kitty. Bad kitty is going to get an enema because he’s so bad.”

C: “Meeyowrl.”

G: “What’s going on in here?”

L: “Uh, we’re, uh, rehearsing for a training video. Yeah, you know how to handle an aggressive cat.”

G: “Oh, ok, I look forward to seeing it.”

(Best fake out since Monster’s Inc. “Put thing back where it came from, or so help me…”)

12 Likes

Cool video - I really like how you shot it from your kitty’s point of view! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My friend’s cat was sociable and sweet until he went into the vet exam room and then he was such a Tasmanian devil in there that my friend always had to pay extra for a second vet tech. He would make loud, horrific noises and attack them. They used something for his appts that looked like a combination of a falconers glove and a k9 training bite sleeve, this huge, 3-4 foot long padded glove.

3 Likes

This is why I hate to be in the room during stressful exams. I hear sounds that I never hear at home, then I have to act like I had nothing to do with what the techs are doing.

6 Likes

Super-catty-fractious-patient-expedited-extra-doses… :musical_note:

9 Likes
4 Likes

…Mine are kevlar lined elk hide.

And randomly, they’ve got better dexterity than welding gloves, and better coverage (not to mention less puncture proof), so they do actually have some non-clinical uses around the house. (and really aren’t that bad price wise).

Have to hand it to the guy, his acting is spot on. The scrabble, then roll a couple of times on the ground, then semi-attack, then back to rolling is what a lot of cats do.

7 Likes

The real thing is worth a watch, if for nothing else than the aggrieved noises the cat makes:

8 Likes

Poor Max.

3 Likes