Vice Media's credibility in tatters after kowtowing to Saudi censorship

Well, we certainly don’t want any pesky foreigners controlling US media.

10 Likes

This whole arrangement is so frickin weird considering that S.A. has an actual government department whose stated mission is “the prevention of Vice.”

Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (Saudi Arabia) - Wikipedia.

12 Likes

They have no answer to my counter that they are the real prog rock. Inaccessible to all but the rich, but have lots of fans regardless.

9 Likes

… the imaginary version of Vice on “The Good Place” was called Squalor — they covered “poverty, drug lords, gun running, weird-ass restaurants, skateboarding, and genocide”

8 Likes

That episode nailed Vice perfectly.

2 Likes

More evidence that Jack Black is a national treasure.

2 Likes

I’m only sorry that this comment will not be lauded as it should be…

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

Rupe has been an American citizen since 1985.

Be grateful he isn’t eligible to run for Prez.

6 Likes

Every time something bad happens to anything Vice my dad is up in heaven high fiving everyone.

He never got over Vice taking over History Channel 2 and replacing it with hippie drug shows.

I remember when they switched, he called me up and said something was wrong with his tv.

That will teach them to mess with my dad’s WW2 documentaries.

3 Likes

Wasn’t Shane Smith the founder of the Proud Boys? Vice has had not integrity for quite some time now, this isn’t all that surprising, is it?

2 Likes

That was Gavin McInnes.

4 Likes

I never found them to be particularly credible

3 Likes

Yikes.
Even when I WAS a smoker, I was like “we shouldn’t be smoking inside restaurants and bars”.

4 Likes

Yeah, they have their Ws. Sometimes it’s telling the public some important things, sometimes it’s ‘I could mattify hotter than that, hold my cosmo.’

3 Likes

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.