FBI describes 'Proud Boys' as 'extremist group with ties to white nationalism' in law enforcement document

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/19/fbi-describes-proud-boys-a.html

6 Likes

The hate group was founded by Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes

You don’t say? I don’t watch anything from Vice Media but now that i know this i will make it a point never to do so.

14 Likes

“B-b-b-but whatabout Black Lives Matter and Antifa!?!” scream the apologists.

19 Likes

Cue the freeze peach arguments in 3… 2… 1…

13 Likes

[Really just wish mommy would say she is] Proud [of them] Boys

7 Likes

That’s a weird way to describe actual and obvious foundations rooted in white nationalism.

16 Likes

I do love me some frozen peach sorbet…

6 Likes

Okay, so, I researched this but couldn’t find much that was clear: is there actually a connection to Vice Media, or is the co-founder going rogue here or what? I see Vice as pretty clearly leftist, rather than nationalist.

4 Likes

I think Vice Media is pretty interesting. And, I think this guy is long disassociated from them. /shrug

8 Likes

Those Nazis douche bags never come into our neck of the woods, right near the California Mexico boarder.

Gosh, I wonder why?

9 Likes

Wow. Gavin McInnes is gonna be pissed, he hates when he called a white nationalist just because he supports white nationalism and goes to white nationalist rallies.

21 Likes

This raises a disturbing personal question. Will I be upset if these terrorists are sent to Gitmo?

19 Likes

I wouldn’t be… but the real question is would it piss off Joey?

17 Likes

LuLz! That was a fun day.

5 Likes

does he profit in any way from his past connection to them, though? does he have stock in Vice Media, or anything? i am going to steer clear of Vice just as a matter of course. that dude is a total asshole, and he’s got his stink all over them even if he’s long gone from them.

2 Likes

Ish. I just read the wiki page on him, and now I need a shower. The good news is that he left Vice in 2008 due to “creative differences” and co-founded an ad agency, Rooster. His own ad agency kicked him out a few years later after another public display of racism. He’s apparently a lifelong shitstain on humanity.

I’m always surprised when people like that can actually function in society; you’d think their overt racism would dry up whatever contacts they have. But I suppose the Old Boys Network he belongs to is really the Old White Boys Network.

7 Likes

29j6i5

10 Likes

In other news, the National Weather Service describes “rain” as “water falling from the sky.”

6 Likes

Anything is possible when you’ve got money to burn i guess

2 Likes

All I remember him from Vice was that he ran a Dos and Don’t’s photo fashion thing for the mag. It was pretty mean spirited, and a little weird considering he was a dude approaching middle age and not a student in middle school.

8 Likes