Freedom of Information Access ninjas force Gavin McInnis out of the Proud Boys

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/21/nazis-is-as-nazis-does.html

6 Likes

Just as real as L. Ron Hubbard “resigning” from control of Scientology in 1965.

What a chicken pants nazi!

27 Likes

You mean the asshole has been…unplugged? ::ba dum tish::

5 Likes

“…and I’ll never forget the look on the monkey’s face as it tried to put the cork back in!”

12 Likes

But I thought the “white nationalism” was the whole reason he started the Proud Boys. :thinking:

12 Likes

So a douchebag who’s made a career out of being an unapologetic bigoted asshat can’t handle being called an extremist?

26 Likes

He’s probably just worried about being deported as he was cited as the leader of an named extremist group tied to violence by a Justice Department agency.

Justice Department; if you’re listening…

19 Likes

Says he’s Canadian, but he was born in England. Can we bounce him?

12 Likes

“Resigned”

“I’m totally not legally responsible for any of the things that I created and ran! I called backsies!

Even worse!

14 Likes

Yeah. I am like, “This guy knows full well what the Proud Boys are about and they company they keep.” So why bail now? Because there is an official label?

Hmm - I dunno… in this climate he’s just a likely to get one of them there revolving cabinet spots.

5 Likes

In the rest of the interminable clip, McInnes asserted that most of what he’s been targeted for are jokes taken “out of context”; that “we are not far-right, we’re ultra-nationalist”; and that the group could not be affiliated with white nationalists because “such people don’t exist.” The rest of the video consists mostly of bizarre non-sequiturs and pleas to donate to a crowdfunding campaign.

What a total coward asshole.

6 Likes

Gang membership can get you deported and even lose you naturalized citizenship.

Gang leadership? Not sure how you could possibly meet the good moral character requirements either.

11 Likes

We don’t want him.

10 Likes

I hope his poor oppressed white nationalists feel a little bit abandoned to their fate by him.

3 Likes

I think resigning is probably better for business. He’s more likely to get talking head gigs, speaking engagements, etc. if he’s not overtly a brownshirt.

It’s the airport for him.

6 Likes

Hadn’t thought of that, but it makes the most sense to me.

Well, not being a US citizen he can’t, even if Hair Furor wanted him to be. But aside from that, Trump barely has the attention span to finish his signing ceremonies let alone micromanage Federal law enforcement. On top of that, racist nationalists seem to have a tendency to hate and distrust each other even as they circle jerk their nationalism.

1 Like

But but but… Who will think of the poor rich white males?

3 Likes

If you’re going to found an organisation called the “Proud Boys” (which is a pretty shit name unless you’re writing a series of detective stories for kids in the 1940s), surely you should be, well, proud of being a member?

5 Likes

That moment you realize the Time to Act Because America’s Beloved Führer Has Ascended!!!™ may have been a bit premature, and you really like having a job and social contacts.

1 Like