✌ Victory! ✌

We got two free mini tablets from Verizon about two years ago, and I set them aside after minimally using one for my classes (The Great Gatsby audio). I finally got them out of the closet and charged them. Woo-hoo! I seriously feel like I conquered some serious procrastination.

(But why isn’t the font bigger than on my phone?)

ETA: Ah, there it is! Bigger font. Double :v:!

14 Likes

in the minor victory column…
while I haven’t been ‘working’ since the 3rd my official end date is tomorrow and that has all been paid time.
i manged to earn vacation up to a full week and will be getting 5 weeks severance. so yay.

22 Likes

Despite having been over 21 for more [mumble mumble mumble] years, I got carded tonight! :thumbsup:

18 Likes

Actually, when I got groceries today, me too!

17 Likes

Handed in my notice on my old, shit job, start my new one on August the 1st! Seven hour days! Proper pay!

UNION RECOGNITION!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

23 Likes

Wait? You’re excited about that? I so damned tired of getting carded that I’m not really even thinking about dyeing the grey hairs that keep showing up.

8 Likes

I leave my grey hairs alone for just this reason. Doesn’t work very well on really young/new cashiers who may feel (not unreasonably) that their supervisors are watching them closely.

3 Likes

<cough>Humble brag</cough>

6 Likes

It doesn’t always feel like a genetic lottery win, man. :pouting_cat:

6 Likes

I think it depends on the day. Sometimes I’m like, “yay, I don’t look my age” and sometimes it’s like “Oh, you don’t think I’m an adult, huh?” Depends on the mood.

Actually I’ve been getting white hairs (like my dad’s mom) and kind of like them. However, I still am probably going to color my hair next week when I go for a (long overdue) hair cut. I was thinking actually going purple and grey…

13 Likes

I wish I had enough hair to do that… stupid male pattern baldness.

5 Likes

Shave it all and tattoo your scalp with something cool?

7 Likes

tempting but not sure where on the divorce complaint list MrsTobinL would put that… :smile_cat:

7 Likes

At 33, I’m just getting to the age when I can venture out without a beard without looking like a teenager. Not that I venture out much anyway, but theoretically…

10 Likes

RatGirl (age 9) got asked if she was having wine when we had lunch today. She asked for a half a glass of champagne. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Yay Europe!

Ah, I remember when I used to be European.

12 Likes

Geez, I gotta tell you, you Brits have a big problem here. (You might already be aware of that!) I haven’t spoken to a single person here who: a) thinks Brexit was a good idea; b) understands why y’all have lost your minds. It’s not even so much that they’re angry as it is they just don’t understand it. And worse, they’re making fun of it. It reminds me of the Bush years after he squandered all the post-9/11 goodwill. And the regular folks I’ve talked to want y’all gone yesterday. None of this two-year stuff that your PM is talking about.

On the plus side, it’s a very good time to be an American in Europe. And if I’d known how effective it is to bring a cute 9-year-old who speaks the languages pretty well, I’d have done it long ago. She had a looong conversation with our lunchtime waiter about the menu. She was chattering away, and I got maybe every third word. I don’t have a clue what she ordered us-- some kind of small fishes in a wine and butter sauce with little roasty potatoes-- but it was amazing. I am counting on her to guide our stomachs through Paris in a couple of days.

And she saw her first Rembrandt yesterday. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Ratgirl’s got moxie!

15 Likes

Now that I think of it, they are white. The masstone of those areas just appears grey. The white hairs on my beard, however, aren’t shy at all. They look white.

I don’t mind them at all, though. Rather like them, actually.

5 Likes

Six years ago I was 270 lbs and wore size 40 jeans.
This morning I weighed in at 216 and I fit comfortably in 34s .

17 lbs to go. I feel better than I have in a decade.

Left to right, top to bottom.

Magnesium 400mg, zinc 50mg, multi (mostly for B’s , copper, A, E, and trace minerals).
Prozac, allopurinol.
Advil (for inflammation in muh organs, stopping that one this weekend), lisinipril, 3600mg fish oil

Vegan protein shake at 1/3 strength, choline, phenylpiracitam, and the old standby of l-theanine and caffeine, and 750mg NaCl.

This makes a 25oz “shake” that tatses worse than vomit. But all of this ensures I secrete almost zero insulin, my kidneys are happily just processing water, my liver is in a Zen state, and I have tons of non jittery energy.

It’s kinda (actually very similar) to soylent, but tastes way worse.

18 Likes