✌ Victory! ✌

Congrats!

3 Likes

Awesome!!!

7 Likes

Huh. I was just there today.

2 Likes

Great news @jyoti! Congratulations @bibliophile20!

16 Likes

yay @jyoti!
and @bibliophile20 why would you want to go and ruin such a great friendsh… errr congrats!

7 Likes

We just binge-watched Gravity Falls (she’s seen it, I hadn’t) and play board games and video games for hours together. I think that the friendship axis on this relationship is safe. :smiley:

18 Likes

OITNB season 4 is finally up!

(Damn, I seriously need to get more ‘real life’ in my life.)

I wish I could like your comment again just for that sentence alone.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

OK, this is off topic, but her shirt is so pretty!

The photo is super sweet, and I wish you both all the happiness you can manage. But I am weirdly hung up on how fantastic her shirt is.

sorry

14 Likes

She’s sitting right next to me, and she burst out laughing when I showed her your comment. :smile: We both thank you for the good wishes.

(also, it’s a dress :wink: )

19 Likes

It’s a very pretty dress!!

13 Likes

Watched the first 3 episodes last night! I am really looking forward to the “privatized prison” commentary, which we need to pay attention to, given . Also, I’m looking forward to the So So/Poussey relationship!

10 Likes

I’m so far behind on OITNB it’s not even funny. :sweat: I need to get back on that show. Not a very :v: Victory :v: reason I’m behind on it though so I’ll leave that aside. :laughing:

My :v: Victory :v: for this week is nearly finishing up my first major task for my new job despite it being a huge pile of very time-consuming work. Also I made it look pretty.

14 Likes

Such a great show! I’m glad it’s not the Piper show, too, but is more about the other women, because if it was all about Piper, I’d have been done a long time ago.

Your first major task for the new job is all like:

14 Likes

This week, I learned just enough VBA to be dangerous! Hurrah!

I love Excel so much.
I can feel you judging me, @OtherMichael.

13 Likes

I judge not for the VBA; I feel only pity for any who encounter that morass.

As for liking Excel - you are dead to me.

4 Likes

My mom has Parkinsons and some other stuff. She’s on so many medications that anything she feels it’s hard to tell if it’s real or side effect. Last fall she ended up with sepsis and it was very very close to killing her. ICU for a week, then rehab for 3. She couldn’t even sit up unassisted while in ICU but she took it upon herself to get stronger and last weekend she walked a mile in 20 minutes (a “dog walking pace”) as part of some fundraiser – no walker, no cane, no support. It’s quite a comeback - it’s amazing and I’m so proud of her.

28 Likes

This is a bittersweet victory. Against the advice of many, I spent the last week after the death concentrating solely on others. And it worked. My fam is still grieving, but my mother has been laughing when I talk to her on the phone and sees a constructive way forward. She put her life on hold for others when shit was going down, and now others have done the same for her and my family.

The generosity has been overwhelming. She taught me those values, and now she reaps the windfall of goodwill she had sewn all her life.

26 Likes

Luckily it’s made for binge-watching.

I’m having to pace myself.

Seriously, though.

Piper in all her deluded self indulgence is boring, but the rest of the inmates are intriguing.

5 Likes

My ‘colleagues’ from a different site went for dinner without me.

But I found an Indian restaurant, so I win. I might be Billy No-mates but I have a rogan josh.

16 Likes

Winning. :smiley:

5 Likes