✌ Victory! ✌

Double root canal done. Should have taken care of this two years ago, but an inflamed abcess made me miserable enough this weekend that I finally got an appointment Monday morning. Got it done this morning, not a huge deal. Feeling much better. Thank FSM I could pay for it.

They have digital x-rays now – seconds to get a great image. That’s how long it’s been since I’ve been to a dentist.

19 Likes

I’m going to Hamilton!

Yes, in January, but still, victory!

13 Likes

Ontario? It’ll be a bit chilly, no?

8 Likes

Doesn’t @SteampunkBanana mean Hawaii?

Unless he’s referring to Baltimore?

http://www.prattlibrary.org/locations/hamilton/

3 Likes

New Zealand, perhaps? It’ll be summer there then.

Going for the Test Match against Bangladesh, perhaps?

5 Likes
1 Like

Why would anyone celebrate going to any of those places when they could be on FABULOUS BROADWAY!

4 Likes

You’re going to be staring at the lighting the whole time, muttering, aren’t you.

10 Likes

Guys guys guys! At last, some good news, everyone! Although I do feel a bit odd about having a small celebration with all the other shit that’s going on in the world right now… Anyway, after two rejections and one ‘suspension’, all mistakes on the agency’s part, got paid some unemployment benefits. So I’ve been able to pay most of my rent arrears and some other bills. I still won’t have enough money to pay next month’s rent, but I’ve got some breathing space. And. AND! Had an interview and GOT A JOB!!! It’s only part-time and relatively low paid, so I’ll have to stay on the dole til I get something full-time or higher paid… but it’s working from home. So I’ll be paid to work in my pj’s. Yasssssssssssssssss! :astonished:

29 Likes

Congrats!

6 Likes

Yayyyyyyyy!

10 Likes

16 Likes

I proposed to my girlfriend, and she said Yes! :grinning::smile:

41 Likes

Well now, great to hear!

3 Likes

\o/ \o/

3 Likes

Man, wish I looked that cute in my pj’s!

And thanks, y’all. Was so relieved on tues, when the benefit issues were resolved and I had the job interview, slept for 10 hours after I got home. And that was from the confidence boost of just the interview - thought it went pretty well but not necessarily so well that I’d end up with the job. Whew!

Also: wow @bibliophile20 , huge congrats!

17 Likes

That always depends. When I start looking at the lights I start thinking that the actors need to turn up the Actometer, as I’m getting bored.

2 Likes

:joy:

Oh, and for bonus points, I’m Jewish, she’s German. We both take extreme levels of glee at the silver lining in how the mere existence of our relationship drives the white supremacists to frothing madness (admittedly, this is a short drive).

19 Likes

See, that’s what I thought from the first…

3 Likes

w00t! Awesome to hear!

10 Likes