✌ Victory! ✌

I aint promosing anything, but it would be hi-larious if we showed up for a night without her knowing what the hell was going on.

4 Likes

I’ll get that bed in the guest room made…

8 Likes

Watching the Conservative Party tear itself apart after IDS’s resignation is entertaining.

Victory?

10 Likes

My son had an echocardiogram today to check on a hole in his heart (he was too weak to have an operation when he was younger, but he’s been building up strength and we’ve been monitoring it over the last few years). The bad news is that there are two holes, but the good news is that they aren’t affecting his heart and it’s doing fine. The main one has a good chance of closing up by itself as his heart grows too, so it doesn’t look like an operation will be necessary after all. We’ll continue the yearly check-ups in any case to see how it progresses.

28 Likes

I just found out that our landlord says he’ll replace the dishwasher, instead of making us pay for it and “you can take it with you” - which is what he said about screen doors.

13 Likes

Yay for the dishwasher, but who takes screen doors with them when they move?

10 Likes

Exactly.

7 Likes

Ever see that Richard Prior movie?

5 Likes

I recall a fellow whose wife cleaned out the entire house including the switch/outlet plates when she left him. (he was the head of a national lab in Idaho and returned from a trip to find the divorce papers and an empty house). Don’t know if she took the screen doors.

10 Likes

I have nearly finished my latest university assignment, which is the third last of the year. I almost quit my studies multiple times this year (most recently this week), but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

19 Likes

Warm water!

8 Likes

Do not tease me like that. You either give me the whole of that amazing Blues Brothers scene, James Brown and all, or nothing. Just giving me a taste of that amazing cinematic moment and then cutting it off? That is effectively torture.

8 Likes

That’s a full 3/8" thick sandcast red bronze (not brass). If I sell this property that switchplate is not included, nor the matching bronze heat registers, nor any of the ceramic switchplates. The chromed brasswork I put in the bathrooms can stay, and also the iron registes.

10 Likes

So: I got a car. A 2004 Volvo station wagon, with heated seats, moon roof, luggage rack, and a pound of dog hair.

22 Likes

sounds like a good solid tote the family around tank.
heated seats are nice… now that i think of it that would be a thing i would like to have for my car but ehn seattle never stays cold for that long.

6 Likes

I’ve got them in my car, but I honestly don’t use them except on days when it’s 20° F or colder. They’re nice for the time period before the engine really warms up, and the heater would be blowing cold air.

6 Likes

Can I start a fund to upgrade you to 24" rims?

12 Likes

I managed to grocery shop at one of the most viciously crowded and overwrought grocery stores in the area and do my regular grocery shopping at my regular place with only moderate anxiety leftovers. I had assistance or it would have been a no-go.

But it’s a victory nonetheless.

23 Likes

My assistance is named Gabapentin. And I get to do exactly this (overcrowded store) in a little bit. But I don’t really get anxiety at overly crowded grocery stores, I mostly get… Terse? Which makes me feel bad cause I don’t want the employees to feel bad.

Negative feedback loops blow.

But for a victory today I picked flowers, and my room smells like a (good) botanical garden :smiley:

13 Likes

This evening, we picked up Burger King on the way back with the car, and my son got one of those paper crowns they have, and I got one for his sister, and put it on my head since my hands were full.

He looks at me and says, “Dad, you look cool.”

23 Likes